Discover Potters: Now Live. Discover almost 300 active bonsai potters worldwide.

arbonsaiart

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hello everyone! First time posting and I'm excited to share with you all my latest project, 'Discover Potters' on my website arbonsaiart.com!

Discover Potters’ is a free online resource for the bonsai community to discover active bonsai potters worldwide! Whether you’re looking to support your local artists or just have fun discovering bonsai potters across the globe, here you can find close to 300 active potters in over 40 countries! Included are direct links to them, online retailers for their work, and any online resources I found for learning about potters!

This passion project of mine has been an enormous effort that has taken me almost a year since it’s conception. I have spent countless hours building and sorting through thousands of online accounts and websites. My goal is to help the bonsai ceramics community grow long term and to help preserve the wonderful art of bonsai. I’m only one person but I will be actively updating ‘Discover Potters’ as needed. With the help of all of you in the bonsai community, I hope to grow this into a truly great, long term resource. Happy exploring!

Link: https://www.arbonsaiart.com/discover-potters.html

Discover Potters Main.jpg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hello everyone! First time posting and I'm excited to share with you all my latest project, 'Discover Potters' on my website arbonsaiart.com!

Discover Potters’ is a free online resource for the bonsai community to discover active bonsai potters worldwide! Whether you’re looking to support your local artists or just have fun discovering bonsai potters across the globe, here you can find close to 300 active potters in over 40 countries! Included are direct links to them, online retailers for their work, and any online resources I found for learning about potters!

This passion project of mine has been an enormous effort that has taken me almost a year since it’s conception. I have spent countless hours building and sorting through thousands of online accounts and websites. My goal is to help the bonsai ceramics community grow long term and to help preserve the wonderful art of bonsai. I’m only one person but I will be actively updating ‘Discover Potters’ as needed. With the help of all of you in the bonsai community, I hope to grow this into a truly great, long term resource. Happy exploring!

View attachment 420479
@arbonsaiart I love the site. I do have one suggestion on the "Potters by Name", you may want to consider adding the letters up top and adding anchor links to send the viewer directly to the start of that letter to search for names. The list is massive and to get down to say letters: u, v, w, x, y, z the viewer has to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list. Also a back to top link at the end of each letter would be good too.

Great job putting this together!

arbonsaiart

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
@arbonsaiart I love the site. I do have one suggestion on the "Potters by Name", you may want to consider adding the letters up top and adding anchor links to send the viewer directly to the start of that letter to search for names. The list is massive and to get down to say letters: u, v, w, x, y, z the viewer has to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list. Also a back to top link at the end of each letter would be good too.

Great job putting this together!
Thank you! Great suggestions! I will see what I can do. I'm still learning the website building stuff and I didn't expect the list to become so long so I agree implementing things like that would help make it easier to use.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thank you! Great suggestions! I will see what I can do. I'm still learning the website building stuff and I didn't expect the list to become so long so I agree implementing things like that would help make it easier to use.
Are you using Wordpress?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

View attachment 420479
I feel honored to be included. Thank you!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
‘Discover Potters’ has just surpassed 300 potters! Potters have been added from the USA, Brazil, and Poland! Pot pictured is by Richard Kearney of New Zealand and photo by me.
Hopefully you will contribute to BonsaiNut.com other than just posting links to your own site. I normally don't allow people to use this site for the sole purpose of funneling Web traffic - they usually have to be established members before they can post links to blogs, etc.

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
is Puerto rico separated from the united states on there as an oversight or because its not a state? because it is part of the united states however.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
PuertoRico is NOT separated from
"the united states" on the site...

It is separated from the Americas..

America and United States aren't the same thing.

But yes, The "United States"... centralized(but not exclusively) in the North American content, DOES claim "Ownership" of Puerto Rico.

😇

arbonsaiart

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hopefully you will contribute to BonsaiNut.com other than just posting links to your own site. I normally don't allow people to use this site for the sole purpose of funneling Web traffic - they usually have to be established members before they can post links to blogs, etc.
My apologies. I have been a long time lurker to Bonsai Nut but didn't make an account until now. I definitely plan on contributing to the forum as much as possible! I've seen many posts here with questions about potters, people looking for their local potters, etc. My goal is to help the bonsai community. Discover Potters is not sponsored and is a free resource for everyone to use and is intended solely to support and promote long term growth of the bonsai ceramics community.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Sweeet! I'm gonna try to contact that Green Bay potter!!

His work is good!

And he's SUPER close to me.

Maybe we can collaborate!

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
PuertoRico is NOT separated from
"the united states" on the site...

It is separated from the Americas..

America and United States aren't the same thing.

But yes, The "United States"... centralized(but not exclusively) in the North American content, DOES claim "Ownership" of Puerto Rico.

😇
im just pointing that it is separated from the united states on the list, and that puerto rico even lacking state status is a part of the united states, just a small thing really. the site in whole is nice.

arbonsaiart

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
is Puerto rico separated from the united states on there as an oversight or because its not a state? because it is part of the united states however.
Thanks for your comment! When creating the database, one of the biggest challenges was figuring out how to organize it so that it promotes growth of the community over time. Since Puerto Rico is not a U.S. state but is a U.S. territory, I wasn't sure where to put it since the United States page is categorized by states and I didn't want to bury it at the bottom of the page. Bonsai is quickly growing in Puerto Rico and I felt having it listed front and center with the other countries of North America (who's bonsai potters are also pretty sparse) would help promote bonsai pottery on the island. I will clarify that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory on the site. :)

Top Bottom