Discover Potters: Now Live. Discover almost 300 active bonsai potters worldwide.

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks for your comment! When creating the database, one of the biggest challenges was figuring out how to organize it so that it promotes growth of the community over time. Since Puerto Rico is not a U.S. state but is a U.S. territory, I wasn't sure where to put it since the United States page is categorized by states and I didn't want to bury it at the bottom of the page. Bonsai is quickly growing in Puerto Rico and I felt having it listed front and center with the other countries of North America (who's bonsai potters are also pretty sparse) would help promote bonsai pottery on the island. I will clarify that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory on the site. :)
I think just label United States and territories and toss it up top :) again not a biggie. I’m glad to hear the hobby is taking off there!

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This is what I was gonna say.

But I understand your concern, Taste.

Are you Puerto Rican?

I want to go on a walk-about there!
I’m not Puerto Rican but it’s a lovely place and they should be a state and at the least we can let them sit at the table on our newest ceramic repository :)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
im just pointing that it is separated from the united states on the list, and that puerto rico even lacking state status is a part of the united states, just a small thing really. the site in whole is nice.
I’m not Puerto Rican but it’s a lovely place and they should be a state and at the least we can let them sit at the table on our newest ceramic repository :)
Agreed! They totally deserve it!!

I lived with a Puerto Rican family for 8 months.. and still remain in contact.

Buuut as a NATIVE...

I feel like native/indigenous peoples want LESS affiliation with colonialization.

But USA is now effectively a melting pot.. and most people born here have NOTHING to do with atrocities past..

We have to consider..

Does PUERTO RICO want to be "lumped" with Idaho? 🤓

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Agreed! They totally deserve it!!

I lived with a Puerto Rican family for 8 months.. and still remain in contact.

Buuut as a NATIVE...

I feel like native/indigenous peoples want LESS affiliation with colonialization.

But USA is now effectively a melting pot.. and most people born here have NOTHING to do with atrocities past..

We have to consider..

Does PUERTO RICO want to be "lumped" with Idaho? 🤓
I mean I live in Oregon and I think Idaho is too close haha

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
YES!!!! Hooray for Darker people by big water!!!

(That's me too).. even though I LOOK 40 percent Caucasian ((cause I am)))

I NEED to be living close to "big water" I feel "choked" when too far inland.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I mean I live in Oregon and I think Idaho is too close haha
Strangely enough!

Oregon is my favorite State!!

😂

I lived intentionally transient, out near Eugene.. 'round 2007/2008.

I recall those lessons, often.

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
YES!!!! Hooray for Darker people by big water!!!

(That's me too).. even though I LOOK 40 percent Caucasian ((cause I am)))

I NEED to be living close to "big water" I feel "choked" when too far inland.
“ Big water” hahaha always brings a chuckle.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
“ Big water” hahaha always brings a chuckle.
It's from the perspective of not seeing the other side! Or even
AWARENESS of another shore.

;)

1645028815339.jpeg
I understand Lake Michigan isn't Ocean-sized...

But.. I still think it qualifies... it keeps those "inland shakes" away.

😂

arbonsaiart

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Some would say that...

When you click my "name".. THIS orange-hot window pic comes up!

View attachment 420728
;)
Ah ha! Awesome! I'm still new to how to use Bonsai Nut as a member instead of just as an observer.. If you'd like to be included on the list just send me some information!

Requirements:
1. Potter is or has been actively making bonsai pots or bonsai related pottery within the last year and hasn’t announced retirement.
2. Potter has an online presence where their work can be viewed (for example: Instagram, Facebook, website, Etsy, etc.)

There is no skill level requirement. All levels welcome as the goal is to help the community grow!

What I'll need to add you:
1. Your name and/or potter's name.
2. General location (country or if in the USA, which state.)
3. Any links you have for your work.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Ah ha! Awesome! I'm still new to how to use Bonsai Nut as a member instead of just as an observer.. If you'd like to be included on the list just send me some information!

Requirements:
1. Potter is or has been actively making bonsai pots or bonsai related pottery within the last year and hasn’t announced retirement.
2. Potter has an online presence where their work can be viewed (for example: Instagram, Facebook, website, Etsy, etc.)

There is no skill level requirement. All levels welcome as the goal is to help the community grow!

What I'll need to add you:
1. Your name and/or potter's name.
2. General location (country or if in the USA, which state.)
3. Any links you have for your work.
Groovy!

I can provide everything there..

Exceeept...

THIS forum is the only
place I share my work!

I spent my first ceramic year, digging and processing local clays and really gaining an intimate, organic understanding of body chemistry.. I also fabricated my first kiln attempts.. failing.. painstakingly/but fascinatingly for that whole year. REALLY spending "bare-bones" time...gaining an intimate, organic understanding of "fire".

@sorce , who had been mentoring me, throughout this time.. and strongly encouraged my "nature boy" learning style when it came to UNDERSTANDING ceramics, eventually offered me a great gift...

It wasn't JUST the kiln.. or the box of assorted high-fire clay bodies (until this point., all I could dig locally was low-fire yellow earthenwares...

It (the entire gesture and conversation) was essentially... my..

Step-stool.. into the "real clay" world. 😂

I have, a thread documenting the BEGINNING-through-this point... it's... entertaining.

I ALSO... have a thread, documenting my entire journey with Higher-fire clay...

It's a better thread.

It starts last June..

But other than THAT.. and the various threads still existing from me selling pieces in the "selling forum" and pieces that went out as BNut contest prizes... THIS place is my only ceramic "footprint"

arbonsaiart

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Groovy!

I can provide everything there..

Exceeept...

THIS forum is the only
place I share my work!

I spent my first ceramic year, digging and processing local clays and really gaining an intimate, organic understanding of body chemistry.. I also fabricated my first kiln attempts.. failing.. painstakingly/but fascinatingly for that whole year. REALLY spending "bare-bones" time...gaining an intimate, organic understanding of "fire".

@sorce , who had been mentoring me, throughout this time.. and strongly encouraged my "nature boy" learning style when it came to UNDERSTANDING ceramics, eventually offered me a great gift...

It wasn't JUST the kiln.. or the box of assorted high-fire clay bodies (until this point., all I could dig locally was low-fire yellow earthenwares...

It (the entire gesture and conversation) was essentially... my..

Step-stool.. into the "real clay" world. 😂

I have, a thread documenting the BEGINNING-through-this point... it's... entertaining.

I ALSO... have a thread, documenting my entire journey with Higher-fire clay...

It's a better thread.

It starts last June..

But other than THAT.. and the various threads still existing from me selling pieces in the "selling forum" and pieces that went out as BNut contest prizes... THIS place is my only ceramic "footprint"
No problem! The idea is to make it easy for people in the bonsai community to find you and learn about your work! Bringing the community together! I will include the link you provided along with the link to your profile. What name would you like to be listed as?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
No problem! The idea is to make it easy for people in the bonsai community to find you and learn about your work! Bringing the community together! I will include the link you provided along with the link to your profile. What name would you like to be listed as?
He goes by the alias....."Stretch Armstrong".......he may have changed it?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

HeHe! THANK YOU!

I chop my pots with My real name..

Leo Zornow.. or LeoZ

But my name is JUST "Leo".. from mythological/astrological origin.. Sooo the translation is SUPER easy.. and I sign in Krylic Sometimes. ;) Amongst other languages.

arbonsaiart

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
HeHe! THANK YOU!

I chop my pots with My real name..

Leo Zornow.. or LeoZ

But my name is JUST "Leo".. from mythological/astrological origin.. Sooo the translation is SUPER easy.. and I sign in Krylic Sometimes. ;) Amongst other languages.
Great! You're on the list!

Top Bottom