Display upgrade

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This has taken my parents and I ten years to build and it is WORK to maintain, but so worth it.
image.jpeg
It is 6000 gallons. There was a 114 year old house here and 90% of this stone was the foundation of it.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This has taken my parents and I ten years to build and it is WORK to maintain, but so worth it.
View attachment 146282
It is 6000 gallons. There was a 114 year old house here and 90% of this stone was the foundation of it.

WeeRoot get to enjoy the grandeur of all that shall be his yet? Dig a tree for a customer?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Just a loincloth away from having the ultimate spot!!! Release your inner Tarzan!!!;):):D:D:D:D:D

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
WeeRoot get to enjoy the grandeur of all that shall be his yet? Dig a tree for a customer?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Just a loincloth away from having the ultimate spot!!! Release your inner Tarzan!!!;):):D:D:D:D:D
Uuuuuh..... K

daudelus

Mame
Reaction score
Nice set up. I appreciate your posting the photos. I have a...large...backyard area....but have not yet determined how to best incorporate trees when they come out of the growing ground and move into boxes.

This is the view of the yard from the deck... you probably can't make it out clearly, but in the back left in front of the shed is a 3 tiered shelf for my trees (smaller/mid sized)... I would like to have clear the back right of the property for a spot dedicated to just my trees also (cleared, install pebble, poles, some accent fencing)...IMG_1344.JPG

daudelus

Mame
Reaction score
I'm trying to make it a habit of pointing these things out because seeing it trains the eye to "see the tree", or the flaw, or the right pot or stand or accent..etc etc etc.

I been on a brainstorm for my own yard..

If..I...may? Judy:p

Your grade is nice for a stream!
I'm a sucker for a bridge....

I look for a reason to do something.
Those two steps and the similar feeling of the roof step down seems a good visual place to start. IMO:):p

I don't know what way you plan on runnimg your stream...or how much more space you got behind you, and can take up..
View attachment 146241
Your big pool mimicking the roof.
Drop down To rail line
Rectangle waterfall.
Small waterfall...
Swerve around to the bottom pool.

This is what I taught myself by thinking right now. Thanks for this...
View attachment 146242

If you do put a top pool there...
And control your stream output at The top side of it...
If you get a heavy rain...
Your overflow will run out into the lawn..
Rather than creating a raging river of destruction, ruining your streamside decor.

Plus that grade is perfect for a slow stream along that deck...

Oh and I like how The bridge balances the deck stairs.

Pretty yard!

Future pics fully required!

Thanks for posting!

Sorce
Thanks for all your thought and effort Sorce! I agree with a lot of your ideas, especially finding a spot for a bridge... I hadn't thought about having the stream snaking back and forth and I like it a lot!!

daudelus

Mame
Reaction score
View attachment 146282
That's beautiful! I know about the work that goes into it... I've had one before, but I guess it's a labor of love :)

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice location. Looks quiet, organized and accessible. Mighty fine!
That back right side would be a nice area to follow the contours of the tree line area....creating a kidney bean type shape for a growing area whether in a box or in the ground. However, shapes are always a challenge when installing fencing. That area, like your current rectangular area, looks like it has a good southern exposure (based on the satellite dish pointing).

Your lawn looks so lush...good barefoot walking turf. My lawn...hmmm....not so lush at all.

Top Bottom