DIY Section

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there a Do it yourself section? If not, maybe we should have one. For example, DIY pots; DIY benches; DIY lighting etc. Just a thought.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there a Do it yourself section? If not, maybe we should have one. For example, DIY pots; DIY benches; DIY lighting etc. Just a thought.

I was under the impression that everything we do in bonsai was "do it yourself". Except for Harry, he has the Italian Stallion do to it for him:rolleyes:.....

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Unlike Japan, America seems to have a bonsai community that looks to the accomplishment of making good bonsai more than being able to afford good bonsai and the cost of having a care taker for them.

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I didn't mean just pots. Soil; indoor lighting; outdoor stands; grow boxes or anything that could help someone.

I thought I read that there was going to be a major overhaul to the site. It was just a suggestion to put all of these in one place.

crhabq

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Joedes3,

I've posted this on another thread here, but this is my (well, not originally mine) contribution. It works quite well.
I looked at branch benders and found it hard to justify the cost a "real" branch bender when I couldn't foresee it being used anytime in the future, except for this one juniper (which should still be grafted over with shimp foliage). But, as we-uh-type and read, it is bending a good sized branch (extension of the main trunk) UP. I used a piece of rebar to slip into the drainage hole of the nursery pot to anchor the bender and used stainless steel wire (picture hanging wire) to tension the bender.

Build your own branch

I did cost me a little more than the advertised price, but thats because I gave up on finding a local source for the bracket and net ordered it instead.

Dang, only on my second beer, but I seem to be unable to operate the link function. Maybe its the upgrades (hiccup). Cut and paste, maybe?
Ray

Last edited:

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is what I was referring to. I DIY that contains valuable info like that. Thanks

Top Bottom