Do you have any Bonsai Goals?

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Alex, I'm so much closer to Brian that I will graciously save you the trip and take them myself :D

Not so fast! I am very close also! Brian will have a "bidding war" going on. I can see him now saying "oh, yeah".

Jacksmom

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes that is what happened. We went to our first workshop together and I haven't looked back since. I love this hobby. He went to college and is not living at home. Kinda hard to keep a bonsai alive in a college dorm.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow this is an old one!

Y'all should reply to your own.....
Goal Posts! Lol field goal!
See if you did it!

I got a new goal...

Get drunk as hell with LanceMac and F some trees up!

Sorce

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I know.
I wish we could all meet and have a bonsai nut convention.
It would be great fun.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Oddly I am going to be in Des Moines sometimes in May. I have family there. I always bring a tree or two with me to work on.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Oddly I am going to be in Des Moines sometimes in May. I have family there. I always bring a tree or two with me to work on.
Will you visit DaSu while you're here?
They are in Kelley, IA not too far north.
Great pots, stands and slabs
Pm sent

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Will you visit DaSu while you're here?
They are in Kelley, IA not too far north.
Great pots, stands and slabs
Pm sent
That's where my Thuja rock planting came from...His name is Dave I believe if not mistaken. An amazing man who offered up valuable information to me when I was just starting out...instead of selling me material. He talked me out of it...and helped me tweak my set up. I was impressed.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
It is Dave Lowman, DaSu. No Su(e) anymore. My first trees and lessons were from Dave in 1994 when he was Dave's Aquariums and Greenhouse...which he called "the swamp". Nice Japanse maples growing in the swamp, a hoop house, over an 8' deep concrete lined pit with a rickety ladder leading down to it. It always had about 3" of water on the bottom, and the trees were floating on pallets. I always thought if he wanted to kill someone, nobody would ever find a body.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It is Dave Lowman, DaSu. No Su(e) anymore. My first trees and lessons were from Dave in 1994 when he was Dave's Aquariums and Greenhouse...which he called "the swamp". Nice Japanse maples growing in the swamp, a hoop house, over an 8' deep concrete lined pit with a rickety ladder leading down to it. It always had about 3" of water on the bottom, and the trees were floating on pallets. I always thought if he wanted to kill someone, nobody would ever find a body.
I had no idea he was into aquariums in the past. Hmm.

Top Bottom