do you have at least one forrest?

do you have at least one forrest or group planting?

• yes

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • no

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • working on making one

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I love forests, but no I don't have one, yet.
@johng 's boxwood forest pathway was the first one that really caught my eye.
I have 10 Sakura seeds to plant next spring. Maybe a Sakura forest in my future.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have 2. Both are made from less than desirable species and are definitely no masterpieces but I am enjoying them.

My ERC group that is going into an Iker slab next spring.

My mixed red maple/sweetgum group. These were all volunteers that I collected around my property until I had enough to combine. This was right after I put it together and defoliated some of the trees. The picture makes it look like the they are all planted in a line but the front to back spacing is varied. It could be done better though. Natural placement of the trees is the hardest thing for me.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've got a few in development...including trident maple, korean hornbeams, dawn redwoods. Also have a "larch clump" that is really a raft with connected roots and 5 trunks. Nothing worth showing at this point, though. I've got a bunch of 2-4 year old Japanese maple seedlings, some of which will eventually go into a group planting.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I had a couple forests/groves that were broken up in the spring, to make more space on my balcony, most of the trees are now in the ground in my allotment...

Cork Elm grove
IMG_5115.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg

IMG_6539 by Bobby Lane, on Flickr

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Here's one by a guy named Dean Bull, on display at MABA in Chicago, 1998. It always stuck with me. It was a forest fire scene regenerating with some little seedlings started among the charred remains.
View attachment 113580
I wanna set up a pile of sawdust and call it, the aftermath.
That's really cool tho.

Gene Deci

Shohin
Reaction score
Here's one by a guy named Dean Bull, on display at MABA in Chicago, 1998. It always stuck with me. It was a forest fire scene regenerating with some little seedlings started among the charred remains.
View attachment 113580

It still exists although he has not shown it in awhile. Too much "Is it bonsai" controversy. What ever it is, it is cool.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Jeremy, I had never heard of Rowan's before, they look cool... do they produce fruit in pots?

GailC

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
Rowan, aka mountain ash. I have a few on my property that are somewhat weeping in nature, I plan on planting a few berries this fall.

Top Bottom