Do you have plans to improve your Bonsai Garden (display area) in 2018?

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Had the family out back cutting wood, took down an old tree, and pruned branches. No need for a gym, bow saws for everyone!;)20180120_115727.jpg

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I built this very simple cinderblock and pressure treated wood stand when I first got into the hobby. It suited my needs at the time, but I quickly realize it didn't get enough sun to my junipers and pines when the trees around it were in full leaf.
IMG_2175.JPG
Since then, my collection has expanded (no surprise to anyone here) and I need to build another one. I am either going to put it on the other side of my garden beds, or in front of my cement slab by my potted fruit trees (where there is full sun most of the day).
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2178.JPG

My wife will be happy to have her patio set back, lol!
IMG_2176.JPG

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I am also contemplating building another bed around my blueberry bushes to set netting over in order to protect them from the birds. The tentative plan is to build it a little bigger to double as grow box for two year old seedlings in the ground or in baskets.
image.jpg

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The wife wants me to do border around all of the mulched areas on the other side of the yard. Once she decides what kinds of landscape trees she wants, those are going to be planted along the fence line.
IMG_2179.JPG
Needless to say, I will be very busy...

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
Does this mean big building plans or big destro plans?
Oh just being dark--I have a pretty unesthetic garden. I call it the compound. I would love to have a beautiful naturalized filled with nuance and charm. Instead, I have the compound but then I live adjunct to a windblown overgrown field in a rural arm-pitty area. I have wondered if any design could help the situation but I am not sure if it would. My faverite bonzo garden would be in the open shell of a decomposing roofless barn with surviving stone gables. Sometimes I dream of making rebar grids and form them into various sized upright columns filled with fieldstone and make a random maze-like garden--but with my clay they'd tip over.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I plan on adding a few stands in the main garden area to accommodate a few large bonsai. Using Shinji Suzuki's stand as reference (see attached). Will be adding additional fencing and more landscaping. A large greenhouse is also possibly in the works. And whatever else comes up or I can think of. :rolleyes:

This is what I plan on doing as well. I feel bonsai look better when there not all bunched up on a bench, all kinda have there own display area

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I moved into a new house from an apartment about a year ago and haven’t done much yet other than distribute my plants on the paver patio, so there is a lot of room for improvement. Build some benches is on my list for this year. I was planning on targeting the sunniest spot in the yard, but these great pictures have me wondering I I should develop a more cohesive plan or research some fengshwae (sp?).

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice plans guys, I'm gonna drill some holes and hang a very last shelf on my balconies. Then no more way to expand, jealousy.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I will make me some monkey poles in the side of the yard i do not have used yet for my trees but i have to convince the wife first lol

RichKid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I plan redoing my entire back yard finally and incorporating space for my trees and future trees. I want to cut down on all the trees I have to just have a few really good trees with potential. I have a small yard so I need to keep things light. Also I think if I just have a few trees to focus on I could do better by them. I have a young family so I find myself busier than I expect most of the time. Some of your yards are so beautiful. I would love to have that much space eventually. Have to convince my wife to leave the city.

Vic N

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
Mine sort of evolves from year to year, and has never shouted out to me that everything is in a good spot. This year I have started a small area of native plants, and I'm looking for shade cloth to raise over some benches.

JosephCooper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
I'll probably get some cinder blocks and plants of wood,

I'm almost out of space already!

Top Bottom