Do you use the ignore feature?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know. I'm looking and only see his post.Thinking there was more to it because I know I saw more replies before. Thought I finally went off the deep end.
Good one.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I know. I'm looking and only see his post.Thinking there was more to it because I know I saw more replies before. Thought I finally went off the deep end.
Good one.
Okay...make that three purposes this thread serves...good one Mike...you had me laughing there.

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a number of people for whom this feature is great. Mostly I just don't post here anymore. I read some things here and there. Stopped feeling the need to post 10 pictures every time I say something. Don't say anything and ignore feature works great as a combo!! Always respond to personal messages if anyone ever has a question.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have a number of people for whom this feature is great. Mostly I just don't post here anymore. I read some things here and there. Stopped feeling the need to post 10 pictures every time I say something. Don't say anything and ignore feature works great as a combo!! Always respond to personal messages if anyone ever has a question.

Glad you still come back and read from time to time...I don't comment as much as I once did. But, I do like to come here and read old archive goodies to refresh my memory.

I too use the ignore button...but only to ones that I have felt personally attacked me. Others...when a thread turns sour...I just try and avoid the most of it.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Fourteener! I was thinking of you yesterday. Could you check out PierreR thread on his Siberian larch please? He has a question that I'm sure you know the answer to.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You guys are terrible to each other.
That's it I'm going off the grid.
Lol
Pry not really

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My only issue with going off the grid is where can I get green coffee beans to roast. I wouldn't last long without some fresh roasted coffee. :eek:

I would recommend going off grid in Sumatra. IMHO one of the best beans. I'm pretty sure even in this modern age, Sumatra is off the grid. As far as the ignore button. No way I would ever use that. Too interested in the interactions between people. Sort of a sociological hobby, I guess . You get both here. Bonsai and sociology. Who could ask for more.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I would recommend going off grid in Sumatra. IMHO one of the best beans. I'm pretty sure even in this modern age, Sumatra is off the grid. As far as the ignore button. No way I would ever use that. Too interested in the interactions between people. Sort of a sociological hobby, I guess . You get both here. Bonsai and sociology. Who could ask for more.
Lol...never thought of it that way. Though...again the only members who made my list...personally I felt attacked me. When I did nothing to promote it. I believe two are no longer here. But they remain...just in case.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
While I agree Sumatra has some really great beans, lately I find the Ethiopian crops to be very tasty. A few years back they seem to have a very earthy note but my guess is they've had more rain in recent years.

If I was to go off the grid I think I'd go way way south.

qwade

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
lately I find the Ethiopian crops to be very tasty

Yes I have previously had a source for some great Yirgacheffe. Delicate tones of jasmine and lemongrass Very smooth finish!

Reactions: Vin

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There are people who live off the grid here.
They're a little kooky.
LIKE SORCE!!!! Hahaaaaaa.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I did a stint as a specialty coffee brand manager for a couple years and spent some time in Chicago with Starbucks, and a week in Sacramento with Java City. Highlight of the trip in Sac was a cupping with several of their brokers who were just back from farms around the world to buy coffee/futures. They pressed about 10 regionals that were roasted only feet away and moments before, and nailed all of them in a blind cupping. It was cool to be a part of it, and I was lucky to guess 1-2. Sumatra and Ethopia are my 2 favorite regionals.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ok you're right
Thanks for saving me many days of caffine withdraw.
Good lookin out.
I'm going back on the grid

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I did a stint as a specialty coffee brand manager for a couple years and spent some time in Chicago with Starbucks, and a week in Sacramento with Java City. Highlight of the trip in Sac was a cupping with several of their brokers who were just back from farms around the world to buy coffee/futures. They pressed about 10 regionals that were roasted only feet away and moments before, and nailed all of them in a blind cupping. It was cool to be a part of it, and I was lucky to guess 1-2. Sumatra and Ethopia are my 2 favorite regionals.
Very cool! I never cupped before but if I ever get the opportunity I'm going to jump on it. If I ever travel to Washington state I'm going to be in heaven. Coffee, bonsai and beer,,,, is there anything better?

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It's so weird having two threads with the same name.
I'm starting to get dizzy.
Lol

Top Bottom