Does anyone here lives Norway?

Ingvill

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yep, I do!
I'm in Lier tho, so not very close, but would be cool to meet up whenever possible :)

palagaban

Sapling
Reaction score
Hei! @Ingvill ohhhh that would be nice :) i have been search in the internet about lokal bonsai group here in my area( Sandnes ) but noen.... hufff how about in Lier is it the same?

Ingvill

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sadly no local bonsai clubs anywhere in Norway to my knowledge :-(

These are all the options I know of:
1:
Agder Bonsai.
They have two workshops a year I think, with some gentleman named David Prescott.
Have a look at their Facebook page called Agder Bonsai.
It is a very nice private citizen who invites people to these two-day long workshops, it's not a real bonsai club.
The workshops are firstly for people living in Agder fylkene, but if there is room others can also join.
If you need no practical guidance/advice at all, but only need to discuss design & styling while working on your tree, then these workshops should be a good choice for you.

2: The only bonsai shop we have in Norway (Taki Bonsai in Røyken) offers 2 workshops a year with professional artists such as Peter Warren and Bjorn Bjornholm.
These workshops are also mostly for people who does not need much practical guidance/advice.
You can also pay a lower fee to be an observer at these workshops (meaning you can look, but not talk or disturb in any way).

3: Taki Bonsai normally offers two classes a year.
One is a 3 hour long class on how to repot bonsai.
The other is about 6 hours long and teaches the very basics of bonsai.
I took both classes this spring and they were very good.
But the very limited time each person gets, means that you can only learn so much.

4: There is a national bonsai organization, Norsk Bonsaiselskap, but unfortunately they have not been active for some time.
New board members joined this year though, so hopefully they can offer some activity in the future? *Fingers crossed!*
They have a Facebook page and a website, but no classes/workshops/member magazines etc.

5: Facebook group; Norsk Bonsai Hobby.
A very nice place to discuss bonsai, but there are just a few of the members who actively use it.
This would however be the best platform for bonsai folks to arrange how to meet up with each other.
So maybe join that group? :)

I'm afraid there are very few options for us Norwegians at the moment.
And no options at all for those of us who need to learn the practical stuffs of how to actually develop a tree (how/when/where to cut, chop, prune, wire etc.)

I've no idea how experienced you are at bonsai, so I don't know if this was helpful at all for you?

palagaban

Sapling
Reaction score
@Ingvill thank you... this is a very big help... sorry for the typo-errors. Taki bonsai and norsk bonsaiselskap is easily seen in the internet but your advice with regards to the Facebook group and Agder bonsai is a very valuable information for me. With regards to experience I have very little but I have a few collected yamdoris and is enjoying the journey so far but I have no one to relate to here in my area and it would be nice to meet a few bonsai junkies :) and discuss bonsai, collect more yamadoris and maybe form a club.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
My friend Anna (Somethingson) says that where she's from (south Norway), you can find the best strawberries in the world! :D

Welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom