Does anyone know of this tree?

mo's bonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hey buddies, It's been awhile since I've logged on, I am attempting to post a picture so if I don't do it right I'll try again. I was searching thru bonsai pictures and I ran across this bonsai. I wonder if anyone knows of the nursery or sight that I may view other pictures of this amazing tree. By the way does anyone know what kind of tree it is. Thanks.

Mo

http://i213.photobucket.com/cc260/mosbonsai/oldbonsai.jpg[/IMG]

[EDIT] This was bad syntax - you forgot the IMG tag at the start of the line. Try using the image insert button (or shortcut). I use it and it seems to work well - BNut [/EDIT]

oldbonsai.jpg

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yes it does look like an elm. I love elms and love D-trees.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It seems to be a water jasmine. Bonhe

mo's bonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sorry for the late responce. noissee, do you think it is a gray bark elm. Bonhe, I googled water jasmine and noticed the bark color of the trees are a light brown do they darken in color as they get older I think the water jasmines I was looking at were young trees and I couldnt find any older trees.

Mo

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It could be many things, from zelkova to water jasmine. It kind of depends on where the photo was taken.

Its style doesn't suggest Japan, but the background does. The style is more S.E. Asian.

Zournathan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
That photo has been my desktop wallpaper for the last couple months...but I have no idea what type of tree it is :(

Top Bottom