Does ANYONE really like or appreciate the bitchiness on this site?

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
This all sounds like a bar at midnight. They are all drunk and talk about something or nothing and nobody listens or cares. Just like home.

As for you Walter... how come @sorce gets to meet you and I don't? You always did like him best... It's cause he can make pots and I can't isn't it???

Oh, and does he really make sense when you talk to him in person??? This I gotta see.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I drink 60+ beers a week and have for most of my life. The Wife firmly states - "He has never been drunk"...

I always buy 2 30 packs of Busch at a time - why? It sits proper, does not burp up like Budweiser and is still 4.9 percent, not to high or low. Here in PA there are more expensive beers of course but also far cheaper as well.

On occasion I do add a 24 pack of Yuengling black and tan, four of which go into the Liquor cabinet for cooking stew, chili, etc... Again it is a Stout but lighter and easier on the system - smoother if you will.

I don't care what others drink nor would ever Judge them for it - just know what works for me!

I wonder what the OP drinks - LOL :p

Grimmy
Or..... you're drunk all the time???:eek::cool:

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've been a member on this site for a couple of months now, and have found some really useful answers to some questions I've asked. I have encountered some delightful, kind and helpful people. I sincerely thank them for that, so please don't read the following as an indictment of the entire community.

Regrettably I have also found that there are certain members on Bonsai Nut who are unpleasant bullies and seem generally dreadful people. We've all seen posters whose responses are nasty and downright cruel. Some of them have titles like "masterpiece", but their behavior is anything but masterful. A true master guides the apprentice so that they can master their art. They do it through instruction and critique, not by ripping them a new one because they ask a question.

I can't stay silent any more. I've seen people who are new to bonsai get ripped to shreds for asking a question. I seen posts that call members stupid. I've seen members unhelpfully criticize aesthetic decisions. Critique is constructive and offers solutions. Frequently someone will ask a question and get slammed by a member because their tree hadn't enough taper in the trunk when they were asking for help with aphids! I've seen someone call legit questions "insipid". I have seen posts that have rudely told members that they "didn't think they have what it takes" and I've seen other members defending their abominable behavior. Not cool. Defending cruelty just because someone has had a long association with this site is just as reprehensible and shouldn't be tolerated.

This is not about "growing a thicker skin" as many have suggested. This is about developing some manners, this is about having simple decency. It's about putting the feelings of someone else ahead of your desire to toss out a withering quip for your own amusement. It's about learning that your crap stinks when you spew it forth, and that it hurts people when you do. Calling people stupid, or their questions insipid, or some of the sexist remarks I've seen are just abusive and it isn't acceptable. It doesn't impress and frankly, if I were the moderator, I would yank abusive users off the site. Period.

So how do we clean up our act? By speaking out. From now on, when I encounter a remark that is truly mean spirited and not constructive, I'm going to call that person out for their abusive behavior and would encourage others to do the same.
Perhaps if members were expected to use there real identities and only allowed one identity it would be helpful. Do away with the masks and secrecy. Let the light shine on the true individual so they are accountable for their behaviour.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
As for you Walter... how come @sorce gets to meet you and I don't? You always did like him best... It's cause he can make pots and I can't isn't it???

Oh, and does he really make sense when you talk to him in person??? This I gotta see.

milehigh,

yes indeed he makes sense in person - somehow, sortof. I was also surprised. And when I spoke about wide rims on pots he did listen to me. He should talk to my wife.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Perhaps if members were expected to use there real identities and only allowed one identity it would be helpful. Do away with the masks and secrecy. Let the light shine on the true individual so they are accountable for their behaviour.
So is your middle name edge?

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Legally Jack is bourbon but even they have the common decency to not label it as such. Unlike those heathens cranking out "Cleveland bourbon" which even though I've heard is decent I haven't tried because I'm cranky about misusing the name.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had my name legally changed to twisted trees.

Reaction score
USDA Zone

I got to meet Walter as well as the lovely Jennifer Price.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Or..... you're drunk all the time???:eek::cool:

Nope, unusual high capacity is all, everyone, family and friends agree. I must add however I don't normally drink Liquor as I did when much younger, shots hammer me quick.

Grimmy

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot

Lol yet another argument from 10 years ago! Get something original would you?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Then I wouldn't have signed up in the first place. That's why I quit facebook. That's why I quit all social media. I want to be an anonymous ass sometimes, because some people desperately need a brick to their face to finally take a look in the mirror. As do I, sometimes. I'd rather see that happen, be pissed off at someone from the internet and move on, then to get no comments at all because people might think I'll come and visit them.
Some people have jobs, some people have a good name to protect, if they can't speak freely because of that, the internet would've been a wasteland from the start. I've been there from the start, I've seen the filth. I have grown up in the internet, basically. I know that some people can't handle a joke and WILL visit your home and torch the place, I've had that happen in the myspace era. Because I didn't like blue hair and I said it looked smurfish. I also know that people in my own country, have been visited by police and thrown in jail for saying things about immigration. Because they used their own name..
I want to tell people I've found Drosera Rotundifolia in a bag of sphagnum, without being jailed for possession of red list endangered plants. Things are on the internet forever, and we can't edit our previous comments. If I was forced to use my own name, I would be a silent lurker at most.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
TRUMP RULES!

aaaaannd there it is... took 179 posts.

You know Al, I have to confess, I thought Gspot was talking about you in the OP... LOL I think it was you I was complaining about when I was new here... Now I have come to know what a sweetie you are. Was I ever wrong!

Top Bottom