Does ANYONE really like or appreciate the bitchiness on this site?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@sorce can maybe remember

Keenly.

Because I choose, just as Caddie did with Stacey, to give respect and love for a human from the beginning.
With my love exposed, I must pay close attention to when a man proves unworthy of my friendship. So when it happens like in that instance, it's noticed like a 5 minute Fresno EarthQuake!

I been through it worse with others than whatever Smoke has me on ignore for.
I even considered he was going through some shit, it still sucks cause I miss Old Smoke...matter fact, the MotherFucker Needs A hug! Truth Fam. I see past that smile.

But truth truth....

I'm really not here to socialize, it is an excellent byproduct of this learning, and when I say I love you I mean it......

But I don't give a fuck about people that don't come here to learn learn.

And I too love this place for that.
Cut em early and let God sort em out!lol!

I like to think this is the place where a stick is welcome, BUT WE TURN THAT FUCKER INTO A TREE BECAUSE WE CAN!

And if you ain't down with that second part, go get pats on the back in cricket land, or Facebook!

You can see the positive effects of this, in that people do come with sticks, but within a couple months it is there only shitty project next to other great ones. Or they read such good information beforehand they don't even bother with sticks...
Or they are already mad good at this and find this place cool enough to stick around.

I never wanted to be a "South Texan"....
But somewhere between killing trees and watching noobs get mocked I got fed up and since, haven't shut up on a quest to just learn with other noobs that want to learn.

I hope the likes of @fourteener @victrinia? And some others didn't run off on account they thought I was a know it all. I think that's where Smoke went? Or worse, a good joke at the wrong time.

But blah. .....

I'm exposed enough you know this about me.

If I am your enemy, I've made it easy to defeat me.
That is a truth, that once tested, becomes false.

#deeplyrootedinthought

Sorce

BonsaiFurLife

Yamadori
Reaction score
I dont think anyone makes more sense on here than u do sorce. i used to be confused by u but a human can learn a lot from a guy like u. Not just bonsai but life in general. The same goes for some of the old timers on here. Personability can be easily lost online but not with u my friend. We are all just lost in translation.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sometimes the 'noob' strikes back.

The only negative experience I've had on this site was with @Smoke who basically called me out for my (lack of) grafting experience. @sorce can maybe remember the thread in which I posted half a dozen past grafts to prove I wasn't just some 'internet blowhard'-I do many most years and I've been doing bonsai a long time now. At the time it really pissed me off but the best way to deal with such a situation is just to post some pics and suddenly everything goes silent. He's asked for trees in this thread so here's a few from this season- can you guess the common theme LOL?

Current thread graft on Larch - it's taken - can you see the obvious difference in girth comparing entry to exit? The one below it is also a thread graft I did 5/6 years back as a sacrifice.
IMG_20180402_180458_DRO by Paul Pashley, on Flickr

Katsura
IMG_20180402_180426_DRO by Paul Pashley, on Flickr

Big maple I dug up from the beds - grafting a new apex
IMG_20180402_180420_DRO by Paul Pashley, on Flickr

Crabapple - funky shot ;)
IMG_20180402_180444_DRO by Paul Pashley, on Flickr

More maples
IMG_20180402_180354_DRO by Paul Pashley, on Flickr

IMG_20180402_180406_DRO by Paul Pashley, on Flickr

IMG_20180402_180346_DRO by Paul Pashley, on Flickr
Ok are you Paul Pashley or Marie in the UK. Cause I think I’m friends with Paul Pashley on Facebook but no Marie. Further, and most important are you a girl or a guy?

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Or...the one has taken the ignore list to heart. And doesn't feel the need to fall down all the rabbit holes found now on his thread.

If it were my thread...I would leave it very much alone...for its just not worth it.

He posted an update in another thread earlier today, decent progress and I commented - probably looked at all of this and does not want to, honest it is ok, we took it way out of context and are having fun. Perhaps he has a better idea of the members here now...

Grimmy

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Or...the one has taken the ignore list to heart. And doesn't feel the need to fall down all the rabbit holes found now on his thread.

If it were my thread...I would leave it very much alone...for its just not worth it.
If he did he may have more on ignore than I do

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ok, I'll play :)

By the way, does everyone know that Stacy is selling his scrolls on Facebook? He really is a fine artist, if a little thin-skinned.
BAM! DID I NAIL IT OR WHAT!?! Called his bluff WAYYYYY back. ?

He blocked me on Facebook back when I called him on it.

Well...well...well. Thanks for allowing me to gloat a bit.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You ought to try being an apprentice to one of the Japanese masters. The trouble with the ignore button is at some point you may find yourself faced with some idea that you think you can use but you have no clue where it came from or who authored it.
That doesn’t even make sense. I have lots of people on ignore so I never know what I missed. I no need to look for something I never saw. For instance Adair may be giving wonderful advice but I would never try to find it cause I never read about it in the first place. My loss. On the other hand with Sorce on ignore, I can scan the new messages in about ten minutes when I get home, if I had to read all the jibber jabber and useless information Sorce writes, I wouldn’t go to bed till 2 AM

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Ok, I'll play :)

By the way, does everyone know that Stacy is selling his scrolls on Facebook? He really is a fine artist, if a little thin-skinned.

Yes, and very nicely done pots, and more. I don't bid them though after three attempts to PM here on items 2 - 3 years ago he never answered, and when he did told me he never received the PM - BULLSHIT... good artist yea, me willing to pay full price yes, selecting his clients BULLSHIT.

Grimmy

Top Bottom