Does ANYONE really like or appreciate the bitchiness on this site?

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yes,very talented...shame his persona soils his work for me.
This is how true artists are normally , they just can’t take anyone telling them how they should do their thing , extremely passionate

My brother has the same problem

You can admit the dude is passionate , I respect him for it

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is how true artists are normally , they just can’t take anyone telling them how they should do their thing , extremely passionate

My brother has the same problem

You can admit the dude is passionate , I respect him for it
weeellll, not really true. True artists aren't threatened by comments about their work. They just work. Passion is one thing, but insecurity is quite another.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
weeellll, not really true. True artists aren't threatened by comments about their work. They just work. Passion is one thing, but insecurity is quite another.
I think I am a true artist and I never resent other artists criticizing my work. I respect them because they do. I'm not threatened.

Art is a communication of emotions. I want my audience to take a little trip in their mind when they view my art. If I can lead them to a desired place or emotion, I have succeeded.

Having other artists teach me how to achieve this is something I treasure, not resent.

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
Whew even with a couple folks on ignore this was a long thread haha. I'm probably one of those harsh people but I only post about what I know from experience and am happy to show my trees to back up my work. I belong to a lot of the Facebook groups and I rarely post bc of all the over sensitive whining. Here I do because I feel the folks here would rather hear something a bit harsh as long as it's helpful or 'correct'.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am a guy and always have been - I've never pretended to be female or masquerade as such if that's the implication. Those that are on the UK forum as well as on here such as BobbyLane and TomB know it's me as I have posted identical pics of my trees there. In addition, all my Flickr (and before that Photobucket) photo links have Paul_Pashley on them - I thought that would be obvious?? TBH all I care about is seeing great trees, reading helpful info or trying to help others - I really couldn't give a crap if you or anyone else here was male, female or had a sex change and all that was left was that pink thong as a clue.

This was initially my wife's account, who, by the way, left due to reading some of the crap on here so I took it over rather than making another - she quit bonsai due to caring for her mum. I haven't logged into Facebook in years so I have no idea about that.

I notice,however, that you have not mentioned anything about the trees or grafting as a bonsai skill I posted - nor had the humility or class to admit you were a bit of an asshole to a relative newcomer at the time by implying I had no knowledge. Clearly, Al, this is a classic SMOKEscreen. To paraphrase yourself, "Post your grafts, hit the ignore button or get the hell off this thread" :)
I'm sorry I don't argue with people that use woman names..hell theres grafts in my avatar. And when I asked for trees in this thread I asked for BONSAI not unworked material in nursery cans. That is not bonsai. Read all the words

How about abusing everyone here by posting a picture of your finest tree on this fine Easter morning.....I find that the easiest way to allow those that have something to show and those that just like to mince words have a showcase....anyone wish to argue that????

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
(Dang, howd I pull myself into this again? Sigh, resistance is futile.)

Being born and raised in New York the same applies - I can be and will be an asshole if anybody promotes it - I am also the person that hosts free workshops at my house with free room and board and people often bring family or friends...

I can and will be an asshole - never worry that, no thin skin on my side of the fence while I can also be your best friend - In my opinion, not my choice it is the way others perceive with lack of knowledge :)

be yourself.jpg

Grimmy

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
- I really couldn't give a crap if you or anyone else here was male, female or had a sex change and all that was left was that pink thong as a clue.:)

No BS. I do understand your frustration....You seem passionate and given enough years.....even you will get this bonsai thing.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Being born and raised in New York the same applies - I can be and will be an asshole if anybody promotes it - I am also the person that hosts free workshops at my house with free room and board and people often bring family or friends...

I can and will be an asshole - never worry that, no thin skin on my side of the fence while I can also be your best friend - In my opinion, not my choice it is the way others perceive with lack of knowledge :)

View attachment 184874

Grimmy
It's the hillbilly way.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Whew even with a couple folks on ignore this was a long thread haha. I'm probably one of those harsh people but I only post about what I know from experience and am happy to show my trees to back up my work. I belong to a lot of the Facebook groups and I rarely post bc of all the over sensitive whining. Here I do because I feel the folks here would rather hear something a bit harsh as long as it's helpful or 'correct'.

You have never been in Battle or encountered harsh people, much less in a Jungle - grow a set...

Grimmy

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Show us your tree. Show us your tree. Show us your tree.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Show us your tree. Show us your tree. Show us your tree.

In a proper pot, that's been wired for a couple years and has some patina of age. Even on a stand would be wonderful and please use a backdrop and give the tree the reverence it deserves

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
No BS. I do understand your frustration....You seem passionate and given enough years.....even you will get this bonsai thing.

Do a search of my trees before you comment, Smoke... I have done them on quince, potentilla, jap beech, acer campestre, mugo pine, larch - even you can get the hang of the search function? While they won't win the Kokufu they were all grown and trained from scratch...

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6

I was honest with Stacy when he first joined. I made the mistake of saying in a post that Lousiana-collected Bald Cypress were a lot more winter hardy than Florida-collected bald cypress (which is kind of a no-brainer as La. actually HAS winter and Fla. mostly doesn't) I politely wrote that I had overwintered BOTH La. and Fla. collected trees side by side in my backyard for years. The Fla. tree, I said, eventually weakened and died. I still have the La. tree.

Stacy "informed" me (out of the blue in one of his initial posts here in kind of insulting terms) that I was an overbearing knowitall idiot that had somehow insulted him and his state with my "opinion" about tree hardiness. I asked if he was serious. and GOOD LORD, he was S-E-R-I-O-U-S as a heart attack. He took what I had said as a Personal Insult to his state and, for some reason, his bonsai abilities. He made it a point from that then on to being a complete tool if you even hinted that his opinion or latest idiotic suggestion miiiiight be wrong.

He wasn't the first person like that here. One newbie from South Texas posted dozen times before taking it on himself to become an overwintering expert for newbies in Vermont and other points north--when he had NEVER experienced an actual winter, much less protected his trees from one. I hear he has moved on and become a Facebook sensation.

I could go on and on...

The problem with the "don't be a douchebag" approach is that, well, sometimes you DO have to be a douchebag. Enough of a douchebag to tire the small percentage of miserable, misinformed loudmouths out...[/QUOTE]
Even a douchebag has a purpose, unlovely to be sure but a purpose non-the-less.

Top Bottom