Doodling around

Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
I found one(!!! ONE!!! Where are the other brushes!??) of my brushes today so I decided to doodle a bit. Sorry for the lack of detail, like I said I only found one brush. I'll try to make more, still trying to find out how to paint convincing foliage...

Attachments

• tusch.jpg
    tusch.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 91

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks pretty convincing to me!! Great eye and great technique.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
One more while I'm at it...

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• tusch1.jpg
    tusch1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Ichigo

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In thumbnail I thought it was a black and white photo

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Cool !!! The first is definately a JBP. The other two would be very convincing White Pines

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I found one(!!! ONE!!! Where are the other brushes!??) of my brushes today so I decided to doodle a bit. Sorry for the lack of detail, like I said I only found one brush. I'll try to make more, still trying to find out how to paint convincing foliage...

In reference to the post about Craft and art this "doodle" of yours proves, or at least demonstrates a point. How long do you think it will take you to develop the kind of skills with wire, pruning, pinching and cultivational practices before you can take an actual tree and realize your obvious artistic eye into an actual living tree? That is not going to happen till you develop those skills necessary to make your artistic vision a reality. I don't mean this as an insult. On the contrary you have the art in your heart, but not yet in your hands, your hands need training, you need the craftsmanship.

On the other hand you could be the master of all thing bonsai related but lack any kind of artistic vision greater than a stick in a pot and never produce anything greater than a stick in a pot.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
How long do you think it will take you to develop the kind of skills with wire, pruning, pinching and cultivational practices before you can take an actual tree and realize your obvious artistic eye into an actual living tree?

Well, I have "actual" trees and they're alive so I was kinda hoping next autumn...

That is not going to happen till you develop those skills necessary to make your artistic vision a reality. I don't mean this as an insult. On the contrary you have the art in your heart, but not yet in your hands, your hands need training, you need the craftsmanship.

I didn't take it as an insult! Thanks!

Thanks, Dwight!

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know this is an old thread, but it's new to me and I wanted to say I like your paintings. They are very nice. Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom