Dormant Sprays

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It looks like there are several fungicides that are registered to treat Anthracnose. Chlorothalonil is the chemical name of Daconil. Biosafe & Zerotol are Peroxide treatments (w/ periacetic acid in different amounts to make the peroxide more effective). The Phytons & thiomyl/clearys3336 are systemic, if you want to tackle it in a couple different ways.

grep -i anthracnose *.txt
biosafe.txt:Anthracnose
captan.txt:Anthracnose
chlorothalanil.txt:Anthracnose
clearys3336.txt:Anthracnose
copper.txt:Anthracnose
daconil.txt:Anthracnose
immunox.txt:Anthracnose
infuse.txt:Anthracnose
mancozeb.txt:Anthracnose
myclobutanil.txt:Anthracnose
phyton27.txt:Anthracnose
phyton35.txt:Anthracnose
potassium-bicarb.txt:Anthracnose
propiconazole.txt:Anthracnose
serenade.txt:Anthracnose
serenade.txt:Anthracnose Fruit Rot
thiomyl.txt:Anthracnose
zerotol.txt:Anthracnose

Also, if you were as deliberate as you say you were about treating with Daconil & Peroxide last year, you may want to send a sample of infected material to have it tested so you can know for certain what you're dealing with.
I consistently used daconil and peroxide for at least three consecutive weeks, and then less peroxide but still daconil the weeks before and after. I’ll look into the other products you suggested too, thanks

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I think you may be referring to the dormant spraying article. I wrote another that may be helpful to you as well.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/housto...ose-on-the-texas-gulf-coast/1384161804947772/

S
You are correct, that was not the article I had read. This was much much more helpful, thanks again. I think I don’t have the correct LS, the stuff I have is for Jins (I think it’s called Top Jin and comes in a small green bottle).

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
You are correct, that was not the article I had read. This was much much more helpful, thanks again. I think I don’t have the correct LS, the stuff I have is for Jins (I think it’s called Top Jin and comes in a small green bottle).

In the appendix of the resource I wrote, I provided a couple of options for lime sulfur to consider.
https://www.bonsainut.com/resources/dormant-season-spraying.36/

Hope that helps.

S

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I appreciate the detailed response.

Although the JBP I just purchased does have needle cast, this isn’t the problem I was referring to. I’ve struggled the past year or two with trident/Japanese maples and “Anthracrose”. “” because I don’t know for certain that’s what it is. What I need to do is take a sample to someone for testing.

The soil I used this year was BonsaiJack’s inorganic mix. I’m not saying it’s a bad mix, just that for my specific circumstances it wasn’t the best. I’m living in an apartment in Wilmington, NC (beach town) two hours away from where my trees are. Although they get watered, I’m not there to keep up with fertilizing like I wish I could. I try not to burden other people with them, because after all, they are my responsibility. So I fertilize when I’m in town and can. I know, not ideal at all. But I’m on the fourth floor of an apartment with a small balcony that faces East/sunrise, so that’s not ideal either.

As far as timing, I’m not sure. I want to say it was late spring through summer. I originally used the premixed over priced daconil in a spray bottle then when that ran out I used the concentrate mixed with water but no other carrier as the directions didn’t mention using one.

I’d like to know which systemic you’ve had luck with btw
Sorry i thought you were concerned about needlecast. I have used Bayer Advanced Tree Care, a granular product with good success. No idea, if it is available or approved for use in your area. I have been told that Cleary's 3336 DG lite is good as well. But i have been unable to obtain the product in order to try it out myself.

Top Bottom