Double white flowering prunus

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
It is not mume. I believe some sort of hybrid of mume and plum.

As the prunus blireana is a hybrid of mume

Prunus × blireana, the purple-leafed plum[1] or double-flowering plum,[2] is an ornamental cultivar in the genus Prunus. It is a cross between the Japanese apricot and the purple-leaved plum (Prunus cerasifera var. 'Pissardii').[1]

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Do you have access to bulb pans, or some other shallower wider container? Looks like your trees are ready to come out of the nursery pots and get some sideways growth on the roots. Pretty flowers...

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Do you have access to bulb pans, or some other shallower wider container? Looks like your trees are ready to come out of the nursery pots and get some sideways growth on the roots. Pretty flowers...
probably going into a flat box! I might be able to transplant today. I will post pics.

thanks M5!

Lovely flowers and that movement in the trunk is sweet! Great character...my kind of tree!
I think it has a very good potencial.

The price was allright 250 USD. But I will sell out another one that is worse than this that has 5 grafted mume branches.

I think I will be leaving:

idea.png

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Photos are of you looking down on it...just make sure before you do the chops...you view it at eye level. But you can see it's got some great bones and is solid material.

Example...the Chinese Quince I got...the movement photo from the bonsai nursery...is looking down on it. The movement isn't as defined looking straight on...and the apex goes away from the viewer. But put a wedge under the back of the pot the movement you seen from looking above is now seen from eye level. Also brings up the apex toward viewer...there are tricks as you know by simply angle changes which can make great material even better.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Very nice and just be aware mume don't air layer well. Great material!

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Photos are of you looking down on it...just make sure before you do the chops...you view it at eye level. But you can see it's got some great bones and is solid material.

Example...the Chinese Quince I got...the movement photo from the bonsai nursery...is looking down on it. The movement isn't as defined looking straight on...and the apex goes away from the viewer. But put a wedge under the back of the pot the movement you seen from looking above is now seen from eye level. Also brings up the apex toward viewer...there are tricks as you know by simply angle changes which can make great material even better.
Thanks for the tip. I did not take the pics. I have only seen it at night (winter time here and sun sets before I arrive from work).

Very nice and just be aware mume don't air layer well. Great material!
I am really bad at layering but we will see if I just chop it off or plant a large cutting just in case of...

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think it has a very good potencial.
Me too Max!
If you aren't great at layering just cut it down.
The layer takes time when you can chop it down now and get the next section going.
If it's a hard tree species for you to procure and you like them then some propagation could be in order.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Me too Max!
If you aren't great at layering just cut it down.
The layer takes time when you can chop it down now and get the next section going.
If it's a hard tree species for you to procure and you like them then some propagation could be in order.
Ptobably better not to layer. Chop it is.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I'm curious. Are you an accomplished grafter?

The truth is that in either case (layering or grafting), the rest of the tree keeps growing normally.
I tried three grfts and have failed on all of them.
I need to be tought by someone experimented

Top Bottom