Drawing and beadwork request thread.

JPH

Mame
Reaction score
This topic is for requests/inquiries about Bonsai/tree related artwork and beadwork from my wife and myself.
I have never charged anyone for my drawings, however a few people have made the case that I should. And so, here we are.

If anyone is interested in buying drawings or beadwork from my wife or myself, this is the topic to make requests.

I primarily work in pencil or ink with basic watercolour washes.
My wife does beadwork using glass beads ranging from size 11 to size 15 (15 being the smallest).

I'd like to keep this bonsai/tree/plant related. So I won't be accepting commissions for portraits or things like that at this time.

A few examples of my drawings:
VivDrawing.jpgBY.jpgRussula.jpgLeccinum.jpgMapleBonsaiJPH01.jpg

A few examples of my wife's beadwork (she's working on an instagram account for it):
MapleBonsaiCPP.jpgSushibeads.jpgDangle02.jpgJelly02.jpg291391759_372785751590516_3552902904142812139_n.jpg

Pricing:
Black and white ink or pencil drawing on standard paper: Between $50-$75 USD + Shipping. (Depending on complexity)
Ink and watercolour on standard watercolour paper: $75-$150 USD + Shipping. (Depending on complexity)
For anything larger, contact me through DM.

For beadwork, contact me through DM with your idea/request and I'll get you a quote. This is traditional Cree (Eeyouch) beadwork from Northern Canada and is completely done by hand.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Do a gnome opening the door to a house. But the house is a tree so there would be a door at the bottom of the tree. The tree is a bonsai so a gnome living in a bonsai tree house 😂 I love gnomes

JPH

Mame
Reaction score
Alright. I'll work on a preliminary sketch and have it up soon.

JPH

Mame
Reaction score
Sorry about the wait. Got home from work and sketched this out. My idea for your gnome's little home. I'm going to go a little more "storybook" with this one. If you like this I can get to work on the finished version.
BonsaiGnomeHouseSketch.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
LOVE IT! ALL OF IT!

Drawings are excellent and, to an artist, display your darker side.. even when not intentional.

You don't ever see authentic "Cree Wares... just the contrived forms.

Fantastic!

Is their REALLY a Tee-pee in your backyard?

Is your wife native?.. are you?

🤓

JPH

Mame
Reaction score
Is their REALLY a Tee-pee in your backyard?

Is your wife native?.. are you?
My wife is Cree and I'm Franco-Ontarian. We met in college in Sudbury in 2015 and moved up here to her hometown in 2018.

Here is her Instagram that showcases her beadwork: https://www.instagram.com/celes.tialdesigns/

We do have a Mitchuap (tee-pee). We put it up for my son's Walking Out Ceremony (a traditional ceremony where the baby takes their first steps out onto the land). At this time though the poles are the only thing up as the canvas was damaged. Most people in our community have a Mitchuap in their backyard. It's a common place for people to cook traditional food.

Sigabon (shown below cooking in our Mitchuap) is probably one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. And the scent of the fire, food, and spruce bows covering the floor is one of the best things I've ever smelled.

View attachment video-1660271426.mp4
293985513_434262625140634_7579176935868476002_n.jpg

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
My wife is Cree and I'm Franco-Ontarian. We met in college in Sudbury in 2015 and moved up here to her hometown in 2018.

Here is her Instagram that showcases her beadwork: https://www.instagram.com/celes.tialdesigns/

We do have a Mitchuap (tee-pee). We put it up for my son's Walking Out Ceremony (a traditional ceremony where the baby takes their first steps out onto the land). At this time though the poles are the only thing up as the canvas was damaged. Most people in our community have a Mitchuap in their backyard. It's a common place for people to cook traditional food.

Sigabon (shown below cooking in our Mitchuap) is probably one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. And the scent of the fire, food, and spruce bows covering the floor is one of the best things I've ever smelled.

View attachment 451028
View attachment 451027

Utterly fantastic, friend.

I'm so glad I asked.

🤓

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I should've mentioned here, that I am indigenous, as well... Metis Nation... My grandfather was registered first gen Metis as a child... Before they escaped downward...

This beadwork really impresses and connects with me, as well. You can tell when native hands (or native TRAINED hands) fabricate such things.

The tale of Rial, Dumal and the Red River Rebellion story is one of those HUGE DEAL stories.. one of MANY involving indigenous peoples in Canada. :(

...it's one of my favorite ethnicities I possess. (Andalusian Spanish and Native Balkan are right up there, too!) 😂

Mutt-zilla!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
... My grandfather was registered first gen Metis
Clarifying this, because some use different terminology..

Both of my grandfather's parents were Metis.

(Technically 2nd or 3rd from the start of the ethnogenesis .. but first.. true.)

Top Bottom