Dremel cordless

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Anybody using the dremel cordless tools? Any recommendations?

Do you find that the kits that come with some of the tools to be useful? Or are you better off just buying the tool and then buying the bits you'll use separately?

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A you carving names onto aluminum nameplates for your trees?

Our other jobs require cords IMO.

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It has been my experience that battery operated items, unless they use these big heavy lithium beasts, don't last long enough to do a big project or live long enough after being used over time to make it a viable option. Granted; I have not used these specific tools, I have over the years in the wood working business used a multitude of corded and cordless tools and to date, the battery jobs don't make themselves worth the money. The batteries don't hold a charge long enough for some of the projects I do and require longer and longer recharge times until they wont charge at all. This means you have top go out and buy a new battery.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have had Dremel corded and cordless for years. The cordless ones are fine for hobby and most home chores but if you want something for carving trees better use a cord. Also consider using something like the handheld grinders that Makita and others make. They have the power to do heavy work.

Top Bottom