Drones

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It feels more like this ---------- as the technology advances you have to be careful.

my response --------- forcefields and repulser rays.

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The commercial aircraft doesn't takes photos or videos but the drone does. Not sure if having the license will allow you to hoover that thing over someone's pool.
Actually, there are commercial, not passenger, aircraft taking aerial photography fairly often over more populated areas. That is where Counties and other municipalities get the aerial data for their GIS, and these are a updated every couple of years around here. This has been going on for decades.
TBT there's not much difference between what we collect with our drones and what's on Google Earth.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
They actually train Eagles and Hawks to take them out if they are seen over the royal palace here.

22728673_1905464946437021_8306647477768825778_n.jpg

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They actually train Eagles and Hawks to take them out if they are seen over the royal palace here.

22728673_1905464946437021_8306647477768825778_n.jpg
Those are toys run by tourists with plastic props. A 12" Titanium reinforced carbon fiber prop will mow through Tree tops.
The drones they should be worried about would make quite a mess of a bird.
The best way to stop a drone from peeking at you is infrared laser, it completely blinds them. Our drones are guided by site through VR goggles and when we loose sight they revert to "safe return mode" 99 % of controls work this way. A simple laser pointer will make it go home on its own, blind!

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
"
sparklemotion, post: 501843, member: 22180"]If something on your property is visible from a public place*, it's not an invasion of your privacy to look at it.

So if you want "privacy" close your blinds/put up a fence/keep things under a tent.
Bullshit. If I don't want someone looking at my trees from the street, I will hide them. Once the option is taken away from me, it is an invasion of privacy - pure and simple. It's the very definition of invasion of privacy. It's not hard to understand. People have a basic right to privacy - or they should have. Putting trees under a tent is not possible therefore if I don't want people looking at them where I don't know the intention, I have a right to stop it. It's the same as if someone had a flying nano bot that was able to fly into your bedroom a look at you. What do you do? Jump under the covers or smash it?

sparklemotion

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
"
It's the same as if someone had a flying nano bot that was able to fly into your bedroom a look at you. What do you do? Jump under the covers or smash it?

A drone in my bedroom would be trespassing (especially if it didn't leave a tip;)).

A uav in public airspace isn't trespassing. That means that I probably need to scrap those plans to install a sky light above the bed though :oops:.

I'm not going to begrudge anyone the right to install targeting laser pointer arrays to blind the drones and send them home. It's certainly better than planning to destroy property.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You can also use sling shots and ice cubes.
But I like emps.
More Star Trek.

Seriously, I know who you are ------------ Lawyer -------- legal letter ------- Court.

Privacy is Privacy and yaking about the bonsai in the yard to encourage theft.
That is more of the concern.
That, and hurting the children [ the doggies ]
Good Day
Anthony

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Drones are George Orwell...
Low flying [Under 200 Ft] Drones should be "Fair Game" for Removal if infringing on your Privacy...
It will eventually become a Legal matter fought over by Thousands of Lawyers, Pro & Con...
For the higher flying Drones, more sophisticated Weapons will be needed...
Remember the Majority of Drones are taking and sending pictures of their overlooks back to their controllers...

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Problem: Our privacy and property laws never included the sky above our houses. New technology requires new laws and that's not a quick change we'll see. It takes a bunch of data before making decent decisions that aren't knee-jerk (ban em all) legislation. Why are drones so terrible but no one minds that google already has your backyard mapped, photographed, and compiled online for the world to see?

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Problem: Our privacy and property laws never included the sky above our houses. New technology requires new laws and that's not a quick change we'll see. It takes a bunch of data before making decent decisions that aren't knee-jerk (ban em all) legislation. Why are drones so terrible but no one minds that google already has your backyard mapped, photographed, and compiled online for the world to see?

Very true. I think the laws will come eventually. I know once drones are over a certain weight they have to be registered and there is a limit on the height they can legally fly.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Very true. I think the laws will come eventually. I know once drones are over a certain weight they have to be registered and there is a limit on the height they can legally fly.
I'm waiting for the news headline "Child Killed by Drone While Walking to School".

It's not unreal to think that a mechanical failure will happen to a sizable drone, causing it to fall from the sky like a stone.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Unfortunately drones are not going anywhere. Law enforcement and government have been using them for years and you never see them, the ones you see are toys. Real drones are so fast and can stay miles away and still see you pick your nose on your couch.
Then there are payload drones that are placing remote cameras where we need them.
If you are truly worried get infrared, a cheap $29 night vision camera will blind a drone and other cameras.
I have 9 cameras on my property at home, 5 bring night vision, one of those is remote position 360. As I sweep past another night vision camera the 360 will go black until it crosses.
Infrared is your best defense and VR control drones worst enemy.
A simple test, shine a laser pointer into the back up camera while your wife is backing up. :)
Bet she hits the brakes.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
the ones you see are toys. .

And i'd be willing to bet most have really crappy cameras, right?

The high quality drones with cameras available to the public DJI phantoms or whatever they are called cost thousands and i bet most folks who own those fly responsibly and wouldn't want to risk losing their stuff.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And i'd be willing to bet most have really crappy cameras, right?

The high quality drones with cameras available to the public DJI phantoms or whatever they are called cost thousands and i bet most folks who own those fly responsibly and wouldn't want to risk losing their stuff.
This is so true. Our best drone has THOUSANDS wrapped up in two cameras and we don't have time to play I spy.

Top Bottom