Drowning Vine Weevil Grubs

keri-wms

Shohin
Reaction score
…has anyone tried it? I read 48h in a bucket does the trick for “patio plants”, I think we’d all be wanting the absolute minimum time in hours! (Especially Pines etc….Willows on the other hand would be fine!)

But starting at one end of the bench with an overnight dip and working along, (?) times a year might work out better than chemicals..? Maybe.

The is the odd risk to avoid, like if you don’t change the water and that-new-maple turns out to have V.Wilt then you’ve spread it everywhere in one hit!!!

JeffS73

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
…has anyone tried it? I read 48h in a bucket does the trick for “patio plants”, I think we’d all be wanting the absolute minimum time in hours! (Especially Pines etc….Willows on the other hand would be fine!)

But starting at one end of the bench with an overnight dip and working along, (?) times a year might work out better than chemicals..? Maybe.

The is the odd risk to avoid, like if you don’t change the water and that-new-maple turns out to have V.Wilt then you’ve spread it everywhere in one hit!!!
You could try nemasys by basf, live nematodes that infest the grubs. You just mix them up with water and water em in, nice organic solution. Now is a good time to do it. In the UK ladybird plant care do them at a fair price. I'm using them for fungus gnats, and wasps are eating the larvae on the outside!

JeffS73

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I do think a pyrethroid soak kills vine weevil grubs, had that problem on a Fir. Fwiw, I experimented on fungus gnat larvae. They do surface quickly when a plant is submerged, many times more than those flying around. Some miniscule. Still alive after 2 days in water, still alive after drowning in pyrethroid, acetamiprid and other insecticides. Tough little critters, so I'm hoping the nematodes will get them.

Top Bottom