Drystall supplier in North Georgia area.....

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Cherokee Feed & Seed in Canton has it..... $19.99 for a 40 lb bag. Just thought I would pass this along.

Brian

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Cherokee Feed & Seed in Canton has it..... $19.99 for a 40 lb bag. Just thought I would pass this along.

Brian
Yup...bought 6 bags there a year ago. If you're making the trip, call ahead as they only order by the pallet and wait to order until their in stock supply is almost gone.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
They got 40 bags on hand now....I go within a mile or two on the way home from the office.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Dave....Just to give me an idea how much I need, how much volume is in a 40 lb bag....? I would guess about a 5 gallon bucket full.

Brian

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Dave....Just to give me an idea how much I need, how much volume is in a 40 lb bag....? I would guess about a 5 gallon bucket full.

Brian

Probably more like 3 5 gallon buckets. Pumice is very light.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Brian

Probably more like 3 5 gallon buckets. Pumice is very light.

If I had to guess, probably closer to 5 gallons...the bags are pretty big. Fwiw, I always buy more then I need for a given re-potting season...just need a place to store the extra bags. Brian, when you find a local source for crushed lava, let me know, as I only have 1 bag left;).

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Just sifted a 40lb bag and you lose a lot! Plan accordingly I guess...

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Dave,
I haven't been in town for many club meetings this year, but I'd imagine our club is about ready for me to order another pallet of lava. If we do, you're welcome to jump in on it. Last time I think it was about $2.25 for a 8-lb bag.

garywood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dave,
I haven't been in town for many club meetings this year, but I'd imagine our club is about ready for me to order another pallet of lava. If we do, you're welcome to jump in on it. Last time I think it was about $2.25 for a 8-lb bag.

If you're anywhere in the Southeast, Brian does everyone a great service with this! It's a good soil additive.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Dave,

That would be fantastic, Brian! Let me know.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Eli.....Did you even end up with a 5 gallon bucket after sifting....?

How are those Yaupon's doing....? That guy called me about a week later and said he pulled the rest out of the ground with his Bronco....I guess they went to the dump. Too bad they were all pretty good.

Brian

Top Bottom