Duck duck goose? ...Salix Salix Betula.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Thought I would share/document this project... a mixed planting, in a pot I made, with standing water pond “feeding” the “Salix” section, with an attached portion WITH drainage for the Betula.

DC184D01-D1D0-4E76-8A9B-ACDCCD02F5ED.jpegA69AF042-34A4-4AF0-BBE9-FF87CFACCC27.jpegD6D81724-C97B-4190-B6F0-2D66FC90A6EE.jpeg39D37D2C-4DFC-4BF0-BDF7-BF7472E88E82.jpegB87D8915-5A0E-4EE2-9E20-5908C960BAFB.jpeg0B1426EC-C1D0-4006-9178-D78624F060B8.jpegDED0830B-8E97-4E5B-AA52-287DC30ED07F.jpeg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I will spritz them. Thank you.
Any recommendations?
Well yes. I would recommend you check to see if they are infected and if so, with what. It looks like a bad case of spider mites but maybe it is something else. You can't treat it unless you know. If they are infected there is a good chance you have spread it to other plants.
I am also curious as to how you will control mosquitoes in your tiny pond. I expect your water to be green with algae within a week.
Best of luck.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yes, sir. Spider mites.. i went around checking my plant area, and seem to have figured out the radius of the infection. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.. could have been a lot worse!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Spray everything. They can hitch a ride on you or your tools and travel all over your yard. You can also transfer them to someone else's plants nowhere near yours. Not meaning to sound critical but you should have spotted this from several feet away before you started the project. If my old eyes could see them in a picture, you should have recognized the problem.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Spray everything. They can hitch a ride on you or your tools and travel all over your yard. You can also transfer them to someone else's plants nowhere near yours. Not meaning to sound critical but you should have spotted this from several feet away before you started the project. If my old eyes could see them in a picture, you should have recognized the problem.

Experience is what would lead one to recognize distinguishing characteristics of certain pest damage, correct? this is most definitely why YOUR eyes caught it...
I have never had a spider mite “infestation”.(just started).. now that I have.. I know what to observe for.
To have a better stockpile of information and experience for my SECOND year of “Tiny Tree life”
So thank you for adding to my armory, as someone with much more experience than I.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I am also curious as to how you will control mosquitoes in your tiny pond. I expect your water to be green with algae within a week.
Best of luck.

The pond feeds the “salix chamber”...those saplings have “drunk it dry” twice already.
🤓

Also, I sprayed EVERYTHING (i thought) yesterday. Realizing I had missed a table... EVERYTHING got sprayed again today. I seriously cannot thank you enough for seeing this, and bringing it to my attention.

Top Bottom