Dumpster cryptomeria

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Very nice work, it's hard to keep cryptomeria here, I don't know why, maybe too dry and hot in summer. Saving this one from trash and what you've done with it is excellent.

And I prefer the darker pot. Very nice tree.
I've been leaning toward the yellow but until you actually have the tree sitting in the pot.......well I just never know.🤔🤔.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I've been leaning toward the yellow but until you actually have the tree sitting in the pot.......well I just never know.

IF... If it was the plain species, when the temperatures get cold, it would take a rusty colour, in which case the yellow pot might be the best option.

But apparently, because of where it's kept (environment) or the cultivars/subspecies, it stays mostly green : in this case, to me the darker pot would make a nicer contrast without "stealing" the colours of the tree. If the tree stays green, the focus on the "yellow" colour would be too conspicuous.

My 2 €cents...

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
IF... If it was the plain species, when the temperatures get cold, it would take a rusty colour, in which case the yellow pot might be the best option.

But apparently, because of where it's kept (environment) or the cultivars/subspecies, it stays mostly green : in this case, to me the darker pot would make a nicer contrast without "stealing" the colours of the tree. If the tree stays green, the focus on the "yellow" colour would be too conspicuous.

My 2 €cents...
This is its winter color, although the photo doesn’t show it very well. The tips are fairly brown to yellow. Thanks.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I'd go with the darker colored pot. The yellow is too close in color to the winter foliage.

Although, the yellow pot could serve as a nice contrast against the dark green summer foliage. It most likely would be "shown" in summer, maybe yellow is best.

Top Bottom