Dust all over my leaves

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So i have been shooting with a new Macro lens and i noticed this dust on some of my maple leaves, its been on there for weeks and no harm could this be pollen?(for sense of scale the leaf on the right is the size of my thumbnail)
SMR_4033.JPG

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Spring is in the air! If the yellow dust smears, it may be pollen.

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have noticed this to, but with my naked eye. Never seems to hurt anything so pollen sounds like a good answer to me. I assumed it was ash particles from my charcoal grill

lukemitch

Seed
Reaction score
Try wiping off this dust and see what happens in a few days. If it appears again, it may not be dust but powdery mildew! Powdery mildew is a rapidly spreading fungal disease of plants. Initially, a fine white coating resembling flour or powder appears on the leaves. It can be easily rubbed off with a finger and even mistaken for ordinary dust. Not only do the leaves become white, but also the stems and flower stalks. If, after a couple of days, you will not notice an abundance of dust on the maple, then you can not worry. To help your maple leaves breathe better, you can collect the dust with a dust collector.

Top Bottom