"Dwarf cherry" tree- need help

Heitor Silva

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hey, folks, how are you? My name is Heitor and i am a bonsai enthusiast! Recently, I added a new tree to my collection: a "Dwarf cherry" (Eugenia mattosii) from a nursery at São Bernardo, which has been living for 7 years. However, it has come to my attention that its trunks (it seems to have more than one "main" trunk) are WAY too straight, a fact which bothers me. Is there a way to correct this, such as a specific prunning method? I'm sending the pics too. Btw, if you have any tips on how to take care of this species, I'd be glad to read them. Thanks! :)
(apparently, I can't see the other post which made. Sry for repeating my question :( )
IMG_20190408_124825.jpgIMG_20190408_124818.jpgIMG_20190408_124810.jpgIMG_20190408_124800.jpg

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I answered in your other thread.

Nice

At a couple points you seem to have 3 branches emerging from a single point. In general, you should have only a single branch and the continuation of the trunk, so each point (node) you divide into 2, the branch and the trunk, or 2 branches). Go through and choose which you want to keep and which to eliminate. This will ''clean up'' and make your tree look more tree like.

Top Bottom