Dwarf Mugo Pine

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hey all, I picked up this Dwarf Mugo Pine today. I was just looking for opinions from you all. I know it still needs to grow, but I liked how it had a single trunk, and it was cheap. What do you all think?

001-24.jpg

003-22.jpg

004-19.jpg

Ryan

digger714

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Looks good Ryan, It could use a little bit of pruning to keep from getting any large bulges in the trunk. They really grow pretty fast. There is usually more of it under the surface. There are some good posts here on Mugos, so study up on them. They are a little different that most other pines. Vance Wood has been giving me some good advice on them. Good luck with it.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thanks digger. I did actually do some pruning to prevent those bulges. I want to remove the branches on the other side of the tree, but I am unsure if I should do that now or not. I am also going to repot into turface tomorrow. Here is the tree:

007-19.jpg

006-15.jpg

005-18.jpg

Ryan

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I was also told to repot into turface. But wouldn't you agree that I shouldn't do that since I just repotted into this soil and I cut off some branches? I don't want to stress this tree anymore, so I don't think I am going to repot into turface right now. Maybe next repotting I will.

Top Bottom