Dwarf Peach

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anyone ever try one of these or have any tips? I got it at Home Depot last weekend and repotted it. I don't have a very high hopes for it but if it responds well pruning and other bonsai stuff you never know.

This a grafted but the graft is hardly noticeable except for the right turn and stump that needs to be grinded down a bit.

If it doesn't work out for Bonsai at least I can grow for fruit.
Peach.jpeg

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Interesting tree. How thick is that trunk above the soil and how tall is it overall right now? There's some nice potential. The tree should back bud well. I took off most of the tree in this adjustment. The new growth might be finer....less thick and coarse. The problem you could face it that it may never back bud below that graft point....and that section may never look just right. But I liked playing with my drawing finger. Yeah...pretty crude...I know. But I did see possibilities.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 19

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anyone ever try one of these or have any tips? I got it at Home Depot last weekend and repotted it. I don't have a very high hopes for it but if it responds well pruning and other bonsai stuff you never know.

This a grafted but the graft is hardly noticeable except for the right turn and stump that needs to be grinded down a bit.

If it doesn't work out for Bonsai at least I can grow for fruit.
View attachment 136466

Anything that pretty deserves a place somewhere!

Preferably in front of a haystack or something so you can use an AR-15 to kill all the Japanese beetles!

Seriously.....
If it fruits, you probly won't have to look anywhere else for them, a daily inspection of it can keep your whole garden clean!

I smash them with bricks.

Sorce

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Interesting tree. How thick is that trunk above the soil and how tall is it overall right now? There's some nice potential. The tree should back bud well. I took off most of the tree in this adjustment. The new growth might be finer....less thick and coarse. The problem you could face it that it may never back bud below that graft point....and that section may never look just right. But I liked playing with my drawing finger. Yeah...pretty crude...I know. But I did see possibilities.
Nice vert. I like the peaches you put on there. The tree has a 2'' trunk and the branching starts about 10'' up. There is actually one bud about half way up the root stock on the right side. I will encourage this but to grow to see what it looks like. The tag says you get full size fruit on a dwarf size tree. So if I don't use the graft then what type of tree would I have?

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just realized we both used round mica pots :p

Aaron

I like that your graft is lower on your root stock but you do need to get lower buds.
My pot is a plastic training pot the sort of resembles a real pot. Its better that using an ugly wood grow box and the entire bottom of the pot is plastic mesh which I also like. It's good to know there is someone else out there with the same tree so we can compare notes.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I like that your graft is lower on your root stock but you do need to get lower buds.
My pot is a plastic training pot the sort of resembles a real pot. Its better that using an ugly wood grow box and the entire bottom of the pot is plastic mesh which I also like. It's good to know there is someone else out there with the same tree so we can compare notes.
You can't see them in the photo, but there are buds popping just above the graft. I'm contemplating weather to try airlayering the top, or just chop and get it over with.

Aaron

Top Bottom