Dwarf Pomegranate

g-rat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I purchased my first "proper" bonsai tree; a dwarf pomegranate, from The Great Outdoors nursery in Austin Tx.
I'm very excited to see the tiny fruits it will produce. ☺️

pom.jpg pomm.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Congrats, that's a nice one for that price! Mine flower frequently, but have never really set fruit. Best of luck!

g-rat

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Congrats, that's a nice one for that price! Mine flower frequently, but have never really set fruit. Best of luck!
Thank you. How long have you had yours? Would love to see a pic of them.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Thank you. How long have you had yours? Would love to see a pic of them.
Hmm, the one I guess two years. The others are just cuttings, one is a cutting from a cutting from @HorseloverFat . I also have another currently in the mail from him. Here, I have to bring them in for the winter, which in your climate may or may not be necessary. But they pretty much bloom all winter inside, which I enjoy.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hmm, the one I guess two years. The others are just cuttings, one is a cutting from a cutting from @HorseloverFat . I also have another currently in the mail from him. Here, I have to bring them in for the winter, which in your climate may or may not be necessary. But they pretty much bloom all winter inside, which I enjoy.
Carol got, in MY opinion, "the best" of my saleable poms! (the one in the mail)

I will make it KNOWN, next spring, that I can't ship tropicals/semi-decs/arids until MID-April.

Most of my next pom stock will be from cutting... I planted 27 ORGANIC punica seeds.. and 2 sprouted, one died.

Conversely, my first "round" was just grocery store, hybridized pom... I planted 29 and 24 sprouted.

😂

Catagonia

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I have three pomegranates in the works, I love them. They are tough little dudes. One of them I have given up for dead three times, but a few weeks ago it put out new leaves and is going strong.

pom1.jpeg
Dead?

pom2.jpeg
Nope!

They are all skinny little things so far, though

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Poms will get upset and decide to go dormant... It's THEIR choice...(Semi-dec conundrum)

I've had them stay dormant for 80-90 days following a hard prune.(Most often WHEN they go to sleep, it's 30-40)

Top Bottom