Dwarf Powderpuff from a cutting

YamadoriFL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
This is from a cutting that I took less than a year ago. I’m surprised at how fast the trunk has thickened. I also like how the nebari is progressing. This one (the mother plant) gets pink flowers.
FEE975A4-985F-40F6-8F23-BD3FA5345B51.jpeg

2914410A-10A0-434B-AE59-927429E0867E.jpeg
4EB10C0D-8D80-4E3E-ACBE-7E8025EEB389.jpeg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well yeah........... you live in the tropics. I couldn't get the dwarf one to root but its larger cousin roots very easily.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@penumbra I’d be happy to send you some cuttings. I guess they grow great down here in the “tropics”.
Kind offer but I am bedding things down now for winter. I tried cutting but they didn't take like the larger powder puff. That one is real easy.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Pretty terrific from cuttings! I had a small drama when I went one day without watering throughly so stay on top of that when they're no longer in dirt. They're such pretty plants. I don't know where 10b is but they are such pretty plants and they do great here.

Nice job.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Not having a lot of luck with mine, guess I need to move to Florida. Not the first time I've thought that, although I would prefer the Bahamas.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Carol, might as well go all out and head to Hawaii. When I got to go I thought, Oh, this is why people play the lottery! But it's very expensive and hard to get fresh fruits and veggies for people without millions.

Don't know anything about bonsai there though except they'd have to love the weather.

You could wait until you retire and move to Florida with the other billion people.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Carol, might as well go all out and head to Hawaii. When I got to go I thought, Oh, this is why people play the lottery! But it's very expensive and hard to get fresh fruits and veggies for people without millions.

Don't know anything about bonsai there though except they'd have to love the weather.

You could wait until you retire and move to Florida with the other billion people.
All of our family is here, so not likely we'd move. We've been to Florida a lot and I have to say, the Bahamas win.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I hear you on the Bahamas, they're beautiful. My husband travels a lot for work and I tag along sometimes so have gotten to see some pretty places. Hawaii though was something else, just loved it. Florida is home to me and I'm glad you've gotten to see some of it. It's very different depending on which part you're in. I'm not a fan of parts of it and am crazy about others.
All of our family is here, so not likely we'd move. We've been to Florida a lot and I have to say, the Bahamas win.

Top Bottom