Dwarf Schefflera with shipping damage

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sounds as if you were successful! It looks like a survivor. The FUKU-BONSAI CULTURAL CENTER customer service seemed exemplary, forthright and honest.

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
I like David and the people at Fuku Bonsai. Seemed like good customer service right there!

Leaf drop during shipment was no big deal. It would have bounced right back in no time. I would have kept the rock with the tree, and simply put the whole thing on a shallow pot or tray with some of that good soil mix. In a year or two, the aerial roots of the tree would have totally covered that rock. That would have made for a cool shohin root-over-rock banyan style bonsai. That rock gave it some height and some color which you don't have now. The trunk of your tree needs more height and width in order to match with its large leaves. That rock was a perfect solution.

Good luck with it!

Bassistjon112

Seedling
Reaction score
Sounds as if you were successful! It looks like a survivor. The FUKU-BONSAI CULTURAL CENTER customer service seemed exemplary, forthright and honest.

It has all new leaves now I just waiting until they are full sized to take a new picture. Id say it was very successful.

I like David and the people at Fuku Bonsai. Seemed like good customer service right there!

Leaf drop during shipment was no big deal. It would have bounced right back in no time. I would have kept the rock with the tree, and simply put the whole thing on a shallow pot or tray with some of that good soil mix. In a year or two, the aerial roots of the tree would have totally covered that rock. That would have made for a cool shohin root-over-rock banyan style bonsai. That rock gave it some height and some color which you don't have now. The trunk of your tree needs more height and width in order to match with its large leaves. That rock was a perfect solution.

Good luck with it!

I am not of fan of the root over rock hence i took it out. The tree did bounce back very quickly, new leaves sprouted days later.

Thanks though.

Top Bottom