DYNA ROK II as bonsai soil

gavin555595

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Has any one ever heard of dyna rok. If not look it up you can grow almost anything in it ,but get fine. You can use it with no other additives or add it to your usaull soil.:) Its great for pines and juniper even azelas.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Is it like a rock wool? Is this a medium used for hydoponics? No work with it or heard of results, have you.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This looks very interesting... gavin, have you used this?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I emailed these guys and they sent me a sample. They were very nice and didn't charge anything. I have put some outside in a dish to see if it can stand up to our freeze/thaw cycles and so far, it is getting pulverized. Should be good for tropicals and warmer climates, though.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Look up "haydite" and compare...

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I emailed these guys and they sent me a sample. They were very nice and didn't charge anything. I have put some outside in a dish to see if it can stand up to our freeze/thaw cycles and so far, it is getting pulverized. Should be good for tropicals and warmer climates, though.

Bougie, thanks for doing the leg work on this. If it's falling apart that quickly in Ohio, I wouldn't use it here in GA- it was 18F this AM and we'll be freezing/thawing on and off for the next 4-6 weeks. I probably wouldn't reccomend it to be used anywhere where freezing temps are expected every winter.

gavin555595

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I have many friends who have used it and works as a medium. look up sanderson creek bonsai it will show it in soil. I saw his huge 40 year old black pines and san hose junipers planted in it i would try it on somthing small first just in case its not like it would be a risk for others any way im trying it fom my new junipers i bought from him good guy.

Top Bottom