Early February Stroll Thru Nat Arb.....

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Boy did you have great timing, it just re-opened after the shutdown, and for the trees still outside, the light dusting of snow today made it an ideal winter day. I love visiting in the different seasons, it's a treat to see the trees go through their yearly cycles.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Boy did you have great timing, it just re-opened after the shutdown, and for the trees still outside, the light dusting of snow today made it an ideal winter day. I love visiting in the different seasons, it's a treat to see the trees go through their yearly cycles.
Yeah buddy ??

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Quite a window! Thanks much @just.wing.it.

The inclusion of herbaceous an extra plus...and some of these are a double take as in -that’s not in the rule-of-thumb at all.. ***blink blink eyes tight head slowly moving side to side... reminder that I need to get out more.

“The kingdom of formal ideas will always be a weak neighbor to the kingdom of thrills”

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Quite a window! Thanks much @just.wing.it.

The inclusion of herbaceous an extra plus...and some of these are a double take as in -that’s not in the rule-of-thumb at all.. ***blink blink eyes tight head slowly moving side to side... reminder that I need to get out more.

“The kingdom of formal ideas will always be a weak neighbor to the kingdom of thrills”

Hahahaha!
You're mighty welcome!
I consider myself very privileged to have the ability to walk through here almost any time I want.
I love these trees, I love this place, I'm happy to say that my tax dollars help fund it.
I also think it's crucial for people to see high quality Bonsai in person in order to be able to create anything decent themselves.
That's why whenever I go there, I take a lot of pictures, and post in here every time. It makes me happy to spread the beauty.
Even if not in person, others can still see.

Last edited:

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
This Crab Apple is one of my very favorite trees here.
To me, everything about this tree is just incredible.
I've seen it in every season....the flowers, the leaves, the stray fruit, the autumn colors, the trunk movement, the bark, the subtrunks and branches....it's all tip-top, imho.
KIMG1754.JPGKIMG1754.JPG

I also love this Quince, just killer....very inspiring to me.
KIMG1752.JPG
KIMG1752.JPG
If I may ask Mr. @Walter Pall, would you consider this crab apple above to fit the "fairy tale style"?
And any thoughts on the quince would also be appreciated, sir.

Last edited:

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Two of the Quinces are opening buds already.
I like the bamboo winter protection.
Are these bamboo fences filled with mulch or something? Or like a moat with crocodiles and sharks. This has me thinking about next winter's storage.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Are these bamboo fences filled with mulch or something? Or like a moat with crocodiles and sharks. This has me thinking about next winter's storage.
As far as I could tell, just air....which makes a good barrier, like a double pane window.
I've heard of people wrapping their pots in bubble wrap.

Top Bottom