EBA meet?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi All,

Next weekend will be the European Bonsai Association show. Please do come and look me up.

I will be on demo stage on Friday morning and Sunday afternoon. On Saturday I will be in the European New Talent contest. So I should be easy to find. Middle-aged, tall guy, in desperate need of a haircut, fully stressed out.

Guess very few pictures will come from me, as there seems to be a camera ban, and I will not bring mine.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
All the best for the demos and the talent contest. Just need to remember that you do know your stuff.
Anyone who does not agree with anything you do or say that's their problem, not yours.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All the best for the demos and the talent contest. Just need to remember that you do know your stuff.
Anyone who does not agree with anything you do or say that's their problem, not yours.
Thank you so much! Very nice to hear.
My main concern is not being able to deliver something interesting in the time allotted. I will work some big trees, and the request was to not have any helpers. So time might run out before the work does!

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I will work some big trees, and the request was to not have any helpers. So time might run out before the work does!
One can only do so much in any allotted time and I'm sure that the majority of the audience appreciates that.
Some strategies I've seen include:
  • Prewire much of the tree before the demo. Wiring has got to be the most tedious spectator sport ever invented so getting some, or most, done beforehand will speed up the process, skip most of the boring bits and give you time to arrange the branching to show the final design.
  • Do the design and pruning then only wire part of the tree. Concentrate on an area you can finish in the time and arrange that side or portion while explaining that it will take far too long to do the entire tree. Better to have part well wired and shaped than the whole thing not done IMHO.
Big trees are better for the viewers to see what's going on but much harder for the demonstrator as there's so much more to get through.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Hi All,

Next weekend will be the European Bonsai Association show. Please do come and look me up.

I will be on demo stage on Friday morning and Sunday afternoon. On Saturday I will be in the European New Talent contest. So I should be easy to find. Middle-aged, tall guy, in desperate need of a haircut, fully stressed out.

Guess very few pictures will come from me, as there seems to be a camera ban, and I will not bring mine.
I can't be there but good luck my man!

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I would like to visit these kind of shows but in this case it is more than 800km away from my home and that's a bit much.
Nevertheless have fun and good luck with the demo. 👍

Top Bottom