Ebay

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Who’s the best eBay seller to buy one of those sapphire blue maples from? ;)

On a serious note, looked at several of the sellers mentioned, and they appear to have some nice material.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Who’s the best eBay seller to buy one of those sapphire blue maples from? ;)

On a serious note, looked at several of the sellers mentioned, and they appear to have some nice material.
For blue maple seeds, use the guy who uses this as advertisements for “bonsai seed”:

DD4A9638-54A1-47BB-98F7-F405B625B985.jpeg

It’s my tree! This picture was taken long before I purchased it.

The irony is, it’s a grafted tree! The trunk is prostrata, but the branches are Kishu! Good luck creating that from seed! Lol!!!

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have a bald ypress I got from 3017smith grown by Brussels. It arrived well packaged January 2018, survived the rest of the winter in my garage, was repotted in the spring, leafed out and greew well over the summer. It is nestled in with a bunch of other trees for winter right now. The price was OK, similar to what I paid for one rom Zach Smith this spring. Seems to be a reputable dealer.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
For blue maple seeds, use the guy who uses this as advertisements for “bonsai seed”:

View attachment 219611

The irony is, it’s a grafted tree! The trunk is prostrata, but the branches are Kishu! Good luck creating that from seed! Lol!!!
That's hilarious!

pback

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

View attachment 219611

That IS hilarious!

A similar thing happened on here within the last few months, where a new member used a googled image that happened to be a tree that belonged to another member. To his credit, the new member did not attempt to pass off the tree as his own work.

It makes me wonder how often something like this happens. There are only so many exceptional bonsai specimens out there. I have to think that you @Adair M, and some others must run across your trees in random places from time to time.

Top Bottom