Edwina - Also From Taiwan ...

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So here's my other Taiwanese something or other, a bit more of a feminine style, and I got this one about a month ago. It is still in it's original soil and pot, with wire tackle left as I found it for now, but I removed horribly dug in thick wrapped wire that left criss-cross scars with a previous wiring iteration from from sometime earlier in it's life. Hopefully all that will grow over if treated merely with the tincture of time.

As can be seen, and in answer to amcoffeegirl's concerns about this tree's male relative, Edwina is now sporting, a mere month later, all sorts of new growth proximal to the top, and even some going down the main trunk from the top deadwood already.

Stands about 3' tall.

An interesting side note to photographic fans: As some may know, I was apparently the first to use High Dynamic Range photographically on bonsai, employing it on the majority of the tree photos in Gnarly Branches, Ancient Trees, which I published in 2010. When hit with The Great Overseas Computer Crash of 2018 a month ago, the repair back-up did not include ANY non-Mac applications, and my photo processing apps, including those for HDR processing, were all lost. So this is the first tree image I'm posting here using the latest/greatest new whiz-bang app called Aurora HDR. It does much more than I need, and I'm not used to all its options and capabilities yet, so I still long for the more basic programs I used before, and could not really reproduce the quality on this try that I was hoping for, but I think it turned out fairly convincingly. I may post another view of this tree later using it again, but this will have to do for now. Enjoy, if you can!

Ted-1.jpeg

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
An interesting side note to photographic fans: As some may know, I was apparently the first to use High Dynamic Range photographically on bonsai, employing it on the majority of the tree photos in Gnarly Branches, Ancient Trees, which I published in 2010. When hit with The Great Overseas Computer Crash of 2018 a month ago, the repair back-up did not include ANY non-Mac applications, and my photo processing apps, including those for HDR processing, were all lost. So this is the first tree image I'm posting here using the latest/greatest new whiz-bang app called Aurora HDR. It does much more than I need, and I'm not used to all its options and capabilities yet, so I still long for the more basic programs I used before, and could not really reproduce the quality on this try that I was hoping for, but I think it turned out fairly convincingly. I may post another view of this tree later using it again, but this will have to do for now. Enjoy, if you can!

View attachment 206750
Thanks for posting here again.
You are gifted in bonsai photography. I am looking forward to getting another book from you :)
Thụ Thoại

Top Bottom