Elandan Gardens - Dan Robinson's Bonsai Garden

PNW Bonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had the pleasure of shooting a video for our local club here in Washington (Puget Sound Bonsai Association). I had some time to kill so to test my new lens, I walked around and grabbed a few shots of some amazing tree's Dan has!

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If one is ever in the Seattle area and interested in bonsai Elandan Gardens is one of the two places to visit. Pacific Bonsai Museum being the other. One can learn a lot by contrasting and comparing the trees at each location.

Dan is an incredibly interesting guy and easy to talk to. His trees are incredible. Rugged, naturalistic, and amazing to spend time on. He’s often there on weekends, working on trees and answering questions.

If one is interested in yamadori, his two step method of digging is a must learn.

cheers
DSD sends

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
If one is ever in the Seattle area and interested in bonsai Elandan Gardens is one of the two places to visit. Pacific Bonsai Museum being the other. One can learn a lot by contrasting and comparing the trees at each location.

Dan is an incredibly interesting guy and easy to talk to. His trees are incredible. Rugged, naturalistic, and amazing to spend time on. He’s often there on weekends, working on trees and answering questions.

If one is interested in yamadori, his two step method of digging is a must learn.

cheers
DSD sends
What is his two step method?

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
There are a couple things Dan’s done, likely offshoots of earlier collectors. These may have been refined since.

First was a root enhancement.

Second was the Papoose wrap

Hope that helps!

Cheers
DSD sends

Top Bottom