Elm is showing signs of sickness.

Zerik

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I have a few indoor trees and last weekend I bought a new Chinese elm and I noticed when I got home from work some of the leaves are turning dark green and are starting to droop. I did a Google search and all I found were people with issues of them having their leaves falling off but nothing on them turning dark green or drooping. Does anyone know what could cause this? I tried taking a pic but couldn't get one to turn out well enough to see what I'm talking about. It's only a few leaves here and there some are big and some are small and new. I just want to get ontop of this problem before it becomes a bigger issue.
Background of the tree.
I've only had this tree since Saturday I bought two elms from the flower market in Michigan (it's a amazing bonsai store)
Both looked in great health the other elm is doing fine no issues but the other one is showing signs of sickness of some sorts.
I haven't feed them yet.

Micci

Yamadori
Reaction score
Is it in regular soil or bonsai soil? Are you able to post a pic? How often are you watering?

Zerik

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is in bonsai soil and I'm watering once I notice the soil going dry (seems to be about every other day) it also gets a light misting of the leaves everyday. I also have them on my window seal that has a dual T5 high output light that is on for about 8 to 10 hours a day.

It's hard to get a good pic but the leaves compared to my other elm are darker. Some are yellowing but I read that since it's winter it's normal for a few to go yellow and drop.

Attachments

• IMG_20180202_011755692.jpg
    IMG_20180202_011755692.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20180202_011811311.jpg
    IMG_20180202_011811311.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 43

Zerik

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Those pics are the same tree (one with issues) I can post pics of the other elm of needed

Zerik

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Like I said it's hard to see it doesn't show up well on the camera but some of the leaves are a darker green not bright and vibrant and leaves that were level or slightly upward are now drooping. I'll keep a close eye on it. I'm hoping it might just be slight stress from going from a green house to my den.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
It looks good, perhaps it's feeling the changes.

Micci

Yamadori
Reaction score
Looks happy and green,

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How was it being kept at the Flower Market?

@M. Frary and @Vance Wood are familiar with that place, if it may help.

Seems only a little condition change.

Looks happy enough.

But I see them.

These trees want to sleep....

It probly just heard a bit of a lullaby within that bit a cold it may have felt from place to place.

No worries!

Sorce

Zerik

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks everyone one. They were being kept in their green house all the trees there were happy and healthy. I was worried about it not getting enough sun that's why i put it under my grow lights.

Zerik

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wellington just did my daily misting and about 15 leaves dropped from the tree :/

Micci

Yamadori
Reaction score
I think agood watering from above the tree is whats needed, forget the misting, i used to mist alot but ended up w gnats and poss fungal growth

Top Bottom