Elm yamadori help!

Random User

Reaction score
No wonder this board has over 9,000 members and only a hand full of them post on it. YOU want to have a pec_er-pullin'-contest with everyone that comes here so you can stroke your own ego. Do me ONE favour, go get a dictionary and a mirror; look up "Narcissistic", then look deep into that mirror... after a time, you MIGHT just see what I'm seeing!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No wonder this board has over 9,000 members and only a hand full of them post on it. YOU want to have a pec_er-pullin'-contest with everyone that comes here so you can stroke your own ego. Do me ONE favour, go get a dictionary and a mirror; look up "Narcissistic", then look deep into that mirror... after a time, you MIGHT just see what I'm seeing!
Man. That hurts.
I wasn't pulling no Packers. I was just giving information that is different than what you posted.
And making your ignore list kind of makes me happy. But I won't ignore you. I'll still correct the weird crap you post.
You may even come to love me.

Random User

Reaction score
just what I thought... if you did look up narcissistic, you are too deep in your illness to understand what it means. If you didn't look it up you're doing a disservice to all the people here. There have been bonsai artists for centuries and there will be for centuries to come, and they all have developed their own ways... do you seriously think that the world has changed since The Great M. Frary showed up?... do us all a favour and STFU for a while.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There's no need to be rude, Mike wasn't rude to you and all he was doing was giving information just like YOU.
I've been on this forum for 3 years, I still have no one on ignore. Why? Because I'm here to learn and everybody has an opinion on styling, soil, species, EVERYTHING! We all can teach each other something.
I hope you don't put me on ignore for this as I do find you've been giving good information since you've been here! I just don't care for unnecessary arguments that lead threads astray.

Happy bonsai!
Aaron

Random User

Reaction score
You're wrong Aaron, he attacked every post I made up to that point, and twisted what was said to suit his rhetoric... I've seen many of his "self-important type" over the years and if the bullies on this board think that I give a hoot what they say about me, their mistaken. I didn't come here to stroke egos and the last one I'd stroke is some loudmouth that can't understand when he is being a jerk.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
can't understand when he is being a jerk.

Oh...Mike understands when he is being a jerk.

It just so happens to be that this time...
He sure wasn't!

Reckon you ought relax cuz the Real SK is an incredibly nice dude...
You are beginning to act like evil SK.

I went looking for your thread...
Couldn't find it. And you are on the verge of not getting a Welcome to Crazy.

Fitting anyway seeing how you are only here for one thing...
And once you find it...
You are leaving...

If that one thing was embarrassment..
You've found it!

Sorce

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"American elm don't enter dormancy like other trees do, they simply keep growing the same as the summer months until their leaves are frost killed. (Thats why they stay green well into November at times). I'm north of the 49th parallel and west of you and I "like" to wait until there is a severe killing frost to remove American elm under the circumstances that you are describing. (Usually the first week or so into November) "

Please explain. How is American elm dormancy different from other trees? Can you provide a link to this information?

Thanks

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
You're wrong Aaron
People who know me in real life and here on the forum know that I am correct only about all the time. I don't want to sound like a know it all, but when I reply to anything I make sure I know what I'm talking about, or I'm asking a question to learn!
@M. Frary is indeed a jerk, so am I. He wasn't stepping on your posts or belittling you in anyway, like I said before, he was only posting HIS experience, and asking some questions along the way.
Your procedure for collecting trees is different, that's okay, I'm all for it. I like to experiment myself with doing things a bit different.
You've given great information on this forum in multiple threads and I'd like to continue learning from your posts! But you do have to get over thinking people are talking down to you, they may or may not be, but when questions are asked from any party, it's to learn, right?

Happy bonsai!
Aaron

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
.. do us all a favour and STFU for a while.
That ain't going to happen.
Somehow your panties got bunched up along the way and it's bothering you.
I know when I'm being a jerk. I was trying to be nice and show that there is a better way than yours. If that's being a jerk you won't like it when I really be one.
In fact I don't think you know what the hell you're doing. I'm not even sure you know what an elm is. Do you have a picture of one of yours you could post?
Or are you just a no tree know it all like some?

WFO

Seed
Reaction score
I just joined this forum today because I'm a bonsai nut looking for advise but after reading this.....you guys need to get a life! Pathetic!! Arguing on the internet is like running the special Olympics.....win or lose....you're still a retard!!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just joined this forum today because I'm a bonsai nut looking for advise but after reading this.....you guys need to get a life! Pathetic!! Arguing on the internet is like running the special Olympics.....win or lose....you're still a retard!!
So. Do you run the Special Olympics?
Or run in them?

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Wait a minute guys before you run SK off. Just want to confirm that I need a disker, disks, wood scraps and hose clamps but I save by not having to buy trace iron supplements? Do I have it right?

What in the hell are you talking about? God forbid that you dig a tree in the correct season.

I know, you can't fool me, Poink88 is back!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Don't go yet....

No one worth their advice is actually arguing here, though some say they are!

It's like you opened the door on mom and dad doing the nasty....
It ain't always like this!

Sorce

Random User

Reaction score
Hey WFO, don't worry about me arguing anymore, I have one more thing that I have to find here... should locate it in the next day or two depending upon my workload at my regular job, then I'll get the administrator to delete my nick. With any luck, you'll be the next new guy here that the regulars attack... lmao!

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
bro they were just trying to help, so confused why you are mad? Mike posts photos of his elm collecting procedure and it works... why you hating on him? one thing ill add is do not mistake a hop horn-beam for an elm, if you treat a hornbeam ruff like an elm it probably wont make it, and they are nice trees!

augustine

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
SK,

Seriously, if you can stand a few dissenting posts (and you started it), you can learn something here. There are still, thankfully, some members that are experienced, relatively sane and willing to share their knowledge.

Embrace your ignorance and insanity and enjoy yourself, now do you feel better?

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Moving along, gentleman?

@ForrestGump
With whatever you decide to do, or when, please post pics or perhaps a new topic with pics.
I look forward to seeing how it goes :).

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's so nice when people jump right into the ignore file with post #1. Avoids a lot of unpleasantness and wasted time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom