Emotional support - lost all the leaves on my Brazilian Raintree and Tropical Mimosa

chuckwc1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
IMG_0277 (1).JPG

Had a weeklong vacation, and couldn't really get anyone to water my indoor trees. I thought & hoped they would be fine, and most of my other trees were. Unfortunately, the weather and sunlight really improved the week I was gone and I think my sunroom had a much higher light level and temperature than I was used to it having over winter. My Brazilian raintree and my tropical mimosa lost all of their leaves. I know they didn't completely dry out, and when I scratch on the branches they're still nice and green. My focus is restoring a balance of water and oxygen, and hoping they can recover. I don't think I can do much more than that and pray. Just looking for some emotional support, and finding out what my odds of recovery are. Please let me know what you think my chances are, even if they're bad.

The attached photo is my Tropical Mimosa in better days, had a lot of plans for that tree.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Unless it was dry for an extended period, it should leaf out shortly. Give it time.
This plant looks nice but there is a lot of competition growing with it.

chuckwc1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Unless it was dry for an extended period, it should leaf out shortly. Give it time.
This plant looks nice but there is a lot of competition growing with it.
Thanks, I hope so. That photo is from early last summer, and my attempt to make a 'Saikei' style landscape planting. My plans were to change it for this summer. If it survives, I'm going to put it in a Pond Basket and let it really grow. To be honest, I feel like my bonsai knowledge may have doubled since last summer, and I rushed putting that tree into a pot.

Top Bottom