Here is a potential in the making.
Mom

Last edited:

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Irene,

That is very interesting. I have never heard of a pomegranate like this. What color are the flowers?

Ryan

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Brent at Evergreen Gardenworks describes them this way. http://evergreengardenworks.com/prunus.htm

"Punica granatum 'Emperor' This little plant was brought from Japan by Don Herzog of the Miniature Plant Kingdom and is perhaps the finest dwarf pomegranate available today. It grows very slowly into a very twiggy flattened dome about 3 feet x 4 feet and has good red orange single flowers followed by the most beautiful deep mahogany-purple skinned 1 1/2 inch plus fruits. It appears to be quite cold hardy, tests so far show that it will survive to 18ø with little damage and will probably survive to 10ø with the minimal protection of Reemay or other spun row cover. Excellent for bonsai."

Unfortunately, he has a waiting list for starters right now.

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Brent at Evergreen Gardenworks describes them this way. http://evergreengardenworks.com/prunus.htm

"Punica granatum 'Emperor' This little plant was brought from Japan by Don Herzog of the Miniature Plant Kingdom and is perhaps the finest dwarf pomegranate available today. It grows very slowly into a very twiggy flattened dome about 3 feet x 4 feet and has good red orange single flowers followed by the most beautiful deep mahogany-purple skinned 1 1/2 inch plus fruits. It appears to be quite cold hardy, tests so far show that it will survive to 18ø with little damage and will probably survive to 10ø with the minimal protection of Reemay or other spun row cover. Excellent for bonsai."

Unfortunately, he has a waiting list for starters right now.

Thanks Milehigh

mapleman77

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I asked Brent to put me on the waiting list for one of these babies...I love the looks of them! I think that I'm going to love it...(that is, when I actually get it!)

David.

PS: Mom, your Emperor looks good! Can you update us on its progress?

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
I asked Brent to put me on the waiting list for one of these babies...I love the looks of them! I think that I'm going to love it...(that is, when I actually get it!)

David.

PS: Mom, your Emperor looks good! Can you update us on its progress?
Ummm it is growing great...WIll take the broad hint and post new pics of it as soon as I can..
Mom

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
OK took pics this morning...
Irene

And a pic of another one that I trim and stick back in the same pot (and yup they are all doing great!)

Last edited:

mapleman77

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks so much for posting the pictures Irene! I put my name on Brent's Waiting List for this one because I LOVE the fruits on them (and of course the dwarf habit, etc.). What are your plans for this lovely potensai?

David

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Would you boys be interested in a cutting?
Irene

mapleman77

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hey Irene
Thank you so much for asking! Yes, I would love a cutting...Could you shoot me an email to work out the details?

Thanks again!
David

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Send me PM's with your info....
Mom

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Hey Mom,

It says you can't receive PMs not sure but there might be a setting that turns them off.

mapleman77

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I too found that I couldn't send you a PM but that was before Mileigh said so. It's fixed though; I just shot you one! Thanks again!!!

David

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Anytime I trim certain trees I always make a point of starting the cuttings....Share the joys of Bonsai...
Mom

Top Bottom