End of my first pot making year

JeffS73

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The sun came out today, along with some pots from the kiln, so it was a chance to take some better photos. This glaze really sings in the sunlight.

Low rectangles:

DSC01146.jpegDSC01149.jpegDSC01150.jpeg

Gyuzan inspired mokko:

DSC01151.jpegDSC01153.jpegDSC01157.jpegDSC01154.jpeg

Uchibuchi oval:
DSC01179.jpegDSC01180.jpeg

Rectangles:
DSC01182.jpeg DSC01181.jpeg

I bought my kiln in February last year, so I've been making since then. Thanks to all those who've advised, encouraged and given me feedback, I've really enjoyed the whole thing!

JeffS73

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Some oldies but goodies while the light was right:
DSC01159.jpeg

DSC01161.jpeg

DSC01165.jpeg

DSC01167.jpeg

DSC01169.jpegDSC01170.jpeg

The kiln is on right now, so hopefully success is brewing in there... if the sun is out, I will share them too ;)

In case anyone in the UK is reading, I will be showing and selling some pots at Doncaster Bonsai Experience on Feb 26. Some blue namako inspired ones are for sale, I'll take commissions if anyone wants an unglazed pot similar to the above. I've realised that to improve, I have to make room for new pots!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One hell of a job for a newbie. Excellent attention to details and styles cementing the relationship with the form to the purpose.
I'm glad you are in the UK! We have enough competition on this side of the pond. ;)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I don't even like green pots, but really like that glaze. Very impressive pots for such a short time in the craft.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Very nice, Jeff. They are all great looking pots. That glazed mokko is off the charts!

I started about a year ago also so I will be looking forward to following your progress :)

JeffS73

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
One hell of a job for a newbie. Excellent attention to details and styles cementing the relationship with the form to the purpose.
I'm glad you are in the UK! We have enough competition on this side of the pond. ;)
I'm sure at some point I can make a shipment to the States :)

mathias

Seedling
Reaction score
Very nice pots. The green glaze looks great

Top Bottom