English Elm root cutting

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Coming along great, my yatsubusa root cuttings are at the same stage as yours on the first post... I think one of them could be working into something similar.

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I'm curious why you decided to separate the layer now rather than in autumn. Was it just due to an abundance of healthy roots?

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'm curious why you decided to separate the layer now rather than in autumn. Was it just due to an abundance of healthy roots?
Yes thats right, I did the same with a Beech layer yesterday. I think both will adjust fairly quickly, more so the Elm.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Temps will be cooling a bit here over the next few days, with less intense sun. I use the weather forecast at times when making these types of decisions
Screenshot_20230626_211138_Weather.jpg

Reactions: AJL

AJL

Chumono
Reaction score
Also here in Britain this week Ive just separated a Cork bark elm ,Mountain maple and Potentilla air layers which seem to be all happily establishing with no signs of wilting. All had strong new rooting so our current cooler weather after our recent heatwave is helping them to establish after separating from their mother plants . 🤞

Top Bottom