Erin Pottery accent pot...thinking rabbit foots fern

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My inspiration...a photo Vic shared on his FB wall. (I saved the photo...but it must have a copyright. It won't share. So here's a link.)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...949.1073741911.100006383854711&type=3&theater

My minds eye...sees this going well with the "feet" of the fern. Moss mound then fern... sort of like the link. But more of a large mound than a ball. I'm not quite sure yet. But...this will be a spring project.

Erin pot.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the jagged parts in the left. ...

But this is going to be hard to ....
"Directionalize"

My mind is thinking of these cascading plants I have...20161030_081305.jpg

Something like....

aviary-image-1479392984410.jpeg

Nice.

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I like the jagged parts in the left. ...

But this is going to be hard to ....
"Directionalize"

My mind is thinking of these cascading plants I have...View attachment 123243

Something like....

View attachment 123244

Nice.

Sorce
Thanks for the idea...something to chew over. I'm not sure I can plant it off to the side. Depends on the glazing. I don't wish for raw pottery to be exposed. I may do a more central planting of the moss...Still doesn't mean it still couldn't go to the side.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I get what you mean....

How tall is it?

Seems if it is small enough, a plant twice as high as it would look nice too...
But I'm imagining I think...too big?

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice...

Can't wait till spring!

Do you already have the fern?

Sorce

I know...I'm going to lean into accent plantings...only because I feel they are pretty as well. I'm also a sucker for the pots. Can't wait to get my hands on the snail Sonny Boggs pot. Miniature Iris going in it.

It's to late to ship...it's a tropical the rabbit foot fern. But...I'm in the works with Scott Lee. He has them...corresponding currently.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now that I have area to keep some safe and alive....I am putting some together as well!

Too fun!

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Now that I have area to keep some safe and alive....I am putting some together as well!

Too fun!

Sorce
Very fun indeed! Thing is...I need to watch out for how many tropical I bring in...For space in my grow cart. I had a mishap with fertilizer strength and killed a few smaller bougainvillea this year. When I realized my mistake...I flushed the cascade one that was the nicest of all. And spared it. So more room in the cart...for a few things. Lesson learned...make sure I don't read the dose for landscape for a potted plant.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Very fun indeed! Thing is...I need to watch out for how many tropical I bring in...For space in my grow cart. I had a mishap with fertilizer strength and killed a few smaller bougainvillea this year. When I realized my mistake...I flushed the cascade one that was the nicest of all. And spared it. So more room in the cart...for a few things. Lesson learned...make sure I don't read the dose for landscape for a potted plant.
Did the same thing with a systemic this year. Never knew I could see a pine go brown in a week!:( sorry for your losses, I know how you feel.

Aaron

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Did the same thing with a systemic this year. Never knew I could see a pine go brown in a week!:( sorry for your losses, I know how you feel.

Aaron
Thanks...Sorry for your own loss. I've grown...in my bonsai journey. I took it as a learning lesson. Was glad I saved the better of the three I had. Was able to take a cutting of the one that I had done a week before...and it's thriving. Curious if I had cut it off those roots and treated like a cutting if they would have came back. But it was an afterthought. Water under the bridge...and makes me appreciate the cascade bougainvillea even more.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
These are so COOL! Working on seeing about getting this one from Scott...if he will hold until spring. LOOK AT ALL THOSE FEET!!! Wanted to see them next to the photo of the Erin pot. If it isn't a good pairing...I may leave in the current pot. Which is cool as well.

Scott's rabbit foot fern.jpg Erin pot.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Went ahead and bought the entire combo. So in case the glazing of the Erin pot I feel won't work when I see it first hand. Though I'm told the Squirrel foot is more cold tolerant...and smaller. Being 6"...I still went with the tropical for now. So I can enjoy it come winter for the quirkiness of the fern.

Top Bottom