Escallonia Iveyi Effort

spunog

Sapling
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at creating a bonsai from a nursery purchase. I think the trunk has a nice line, The leaves might be a bit on the large size though.

Tell me what you guys think!

Attachments

• escallonia1.jpg
    escallonia1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 64
  • escallonia2.jpg
    escallonia2.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 54
  • escallonia3.jpg
    escallonia3.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 57

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Looks lke a nice plant. I think I'd want to bring those lower branches in quite a bit.

Dan

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This is my first attempt at creating a bonsai from a nursery purchase. I think the trunk has a nice line, The leaves might be a bit on the large size though.

Tell me what you guys think!

Looks like a good line like you said. The pot is huge even for a training pot in my opinion. The root ball might have been that big I don't know. Any how it is nice and I agree that to make the tree look believeable the branches all need to be forshortened. Is it a species that back buds well? What part of the world are you in? Maybe some one that is native around you can offer some advice specific for your area. Keep it up :)

Dan

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I resign myself to a mistake the pot is a good size my bad it looked deeper to me at first.

lindzh

Seed
Reaction score
I agree...looks like a nice tree, definitely has potential to grow and mature into a beautiful bonsai!

lindsey
www.bonsaiboss.com

Top Bottom