Escambron owners and lovers? Where the flowers at?

Gatorade

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
hey Nuts

Like a few of you. I too jumped on the escambron train end of last year! I just fell in love from the pictures. Awesome bark, tiny leaves, and flowers? wigerts was addicting to me last year, during my bonsai honeymoon faze, as half of my trees are from them. Best people though! Tree grows faster then any other tree i have. I Keep it in full blazing hott sun! I keep it well watered and seems to love it. But NO FLOWERS!?! When I got the tree it was literally blooming( a testament to Wigerts amazing packaging) and got to see and watch like 5 flowers go through there cycle. But no flowers since. It’s gotta be something about that Florida environment, water, are Wigerts is just to good. i dunno but I want flowers!! I try and wait and let it grow out a bit like it is in first picture. Ive even grown out a long runner but nothing. kinda strange, So there’s gotta be an answer right? Seems like a lot of us nuts are having trouble. Also has anyone had success with cuttings? I’ve tried some in water and bonsai soil but no luck.

love the yellow pot Colorado. Suits the escambron nicely. Will repot mine next summer. Maybe yellow!

Escambron is the best name for a bonsai!

Attachments

• 93847EE6-F6C5-41C4-B27A-D06CBBF60F8E.jpeg
    93847EE6-F6C5-41C4-B27A-D06CBBF60F8E.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 858A0995-B31A-4831-A65B-6E9068E8C56B.jpeg
    858A0995-B31A-4831-A65B-6E9068E8C56B.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 39

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have had a small one for a few years and now a larger one from Wigerts but no flowers. Honestly, I don't think of Escambron for its flowering even if it did so prolifically. Its bark and small leaves, along with its somewhat chaotic branch structure are what appeal to me. The way the branches zig this way and that and back on themselves can be used to much advantage, but they do require frequent pruning imo.
As to propagation, I find them very easy to root in water and in potting mix. I had rooted a few hardwood small cutting in a terrarium, and when I got my larger Wigerts plant, I put some straight long green cuttings in a glass of water to come back to later, and they all rooted with no root stimulator, just water.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
hey Nuts

Like a few of you. I too jumped on the escambron train end of last year! I just fell in love from the pictures. Awesome bark, tiny leaves, and flowers? wigerts was addicting to me last year, during my bonsai honeymoon faze, as half of my trees are from them. Best people though! Tree grows faster then any other tree i have. I Keep it in full blazing hott sun! I keep it well watered and seems to love it. But NO FLOWERS!?! When I got the tree it was literally blooming( a testament to Wigerts amazing packaging) and got to see and watch like 5 flowers go through there cycle. But no flowers since. It’s gotta be something about that Florida environment, water, are Wigerts is just to good. i dunno but I want flowers!! I try and wait and let it grow out a bit like it is in first picture. Ive even grown out a long runner but nothing. kinda strange, So there’s gotta be an answer right? Seems like a lot of us nuts are having trouble. Also has anyone had success with cuttings? I’ve tried some in water and bonsai soil but no luck.

love the yellow pot Colorado. Suits the escambron nicely. Will repot mine next summer. Maybe yellow!

Escambron is the best name for a bonsai!

oh yeah! This escambron looks great! What a wonderful tree.

As for flowers…I have no idea! I haven’t seen flowers on mine yet, but only had it for one growing season.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I have had one for several years. No flowers though. Not sure it likes the Phoenix weather enough to flower. It grows like crazy and I can leave it out year-round so that's a win.

Top Bottom