Escondido city water notice

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/08/16/e-coli-prompts-boil-water-orders-around-escondido/
The city of Escondido, California advises local residents to boil their tap water before drinking. Not that I drink tap water anyways. I just find the taste to be gross. I thought that our hard water was bad enough to shower in, and now I have to worry about this crap? What does this mean for my trees and other plants? Hopefully this contaminated water won't be dangerous to use on them. :(

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Your trees may even thrive on it. Bacteria indicate some kind of contamination by organic material.

You should be thankful your water dept. is on the ball. The notification is a requirement of the Federal Clean Water Act.

Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Your post reminded me of the news not long ago...where they shut down their water supply. Because boiling simply wasn't enough. They couldn't wash clothes in the water or anything. I felt bad for all those dealing with that particular situation.

http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/the_to...own._why_boil_water_advisories_were_not_enoug

I would put a sign in the bathroom reminding you to not drink the water though...while on our last mission trip my son used to not having running water at the village...never thought about brushing his teeth once back in the city on downtime waiting for our return trip flight home. And brushed his teeth at the sink, wigged me out. Followed by rinsing with mouth wash.

Any idea how long your water boil will consist?

James H

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I have a clean trash can under the AC drip pan spout on the side of my house. It collects a surprising about of water. Might be an option for water for your plants.

QuintinBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a clean trash can under the AC drip pan spout on the side of my house. It collects a surprising about of water. Might be an option for water for your plants.

That would be great if I didn't live in an apartment building. I used to do that when I lived back home in N.C. It attracted too many mosquitoes. I wish I had known about mosquito dunks at the time.

Reaction score
Your trees may even thrive on it. Bacteria indicate some kind of contamination by organic material.

Probably a good dosage of N in there... urea, ammonia, or nitrate/nitrite.

Top Bottom