[EU/Germany] Acer palmatum Beni Chidori

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you know where to buy this cultivar please post it in this thread. Doesnt matter if grafted. Not interested in trained trees that cost hundreds of euros.

Canada Bonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
@clem has a source in France I believe

@jeremy_norbury in the Netherlands might have a source for you

@ConorDash has one in the UK, not sure of it's origin, and Peter Chan (also in the UK) has some at Heron's Bonsai

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you both, I had tried herons bonsai half a year ago (email) and was told they dont have time to go look at the stock, and the only listed one was 700 british pounds, as it is now. I will try maillot

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thank you both, I had tried herons bonsai half a year ago (email) and was told they dont have time to go look at the stock, and the only listed one was 700 british pounds, as it is now. I will try maillot

That's not very good customer service... as true as it may well be, I'm sure there was a better way of handling it, rather than completely driving away a potential sale.

I got mine from Bobby on this forum, he got it from Ken, WindyBank in UK, he gets trees from Japan, Id say my maple probably came from Japan, but unsure.

meushi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Depending on where you are in Germany... When I was living in Trier, I've seen the cultivar in multiple garden centers and even in Aldi or Lidl (they do carry non-grafted cultivars twice a year, usually). Otherwise, I can really recommend Maillot.

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Depending on where you are in Germany... When I was living in Trier, I've seen the cultivar in multiple garden centers and even in Aldi or Lidl (they do carry non-grafted cultivars twice a year, usually). Otherwise, I can really recommend Maillot.
Ordered at maillot and its already in shipping

meushi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maillot usually ships same day, I've yet to be disappointed by his service.

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is it there yet @Rivian? 😅
Yes it arrived at about the same time today when you wrote this message. Looks healthy enough, though Ive only given it a few glances so far

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got it things from them but yeah they won’t ship trees ugh i wish they did

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Unfortunately they dont like full sun, and the leaves were bleached.
Ive defoliated it and placed it in morning sun. Hopefully will get healthy growth now. I cant say its vigorous.

Top Bottom