Euro 2020

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I would watch it but the only channel it is on we get 50-50 reception so am at least hoping to watch the finals. Follow most matches via live text though.

France are my Euro team seeing as the missus and kids are French, i don´t mind England and the home countries as well as Portugal.

Also super happy to see Eriksen is doing as well as he could be given the circumstances, what a horrible thing to happen on live tv.

Reaction score
Well, my country is playing so I only support Portugal. I want all others to fall behind 🤪
This cup seems a bit strange though. First, how come Portugal, France and Germany end up on the same group? Second, some teams always play at home (e.g. Germany) during this group phase. It shouldn’t be that hard to ensure no team has such an advantage would it? I fear that more and more there are hidden agendas with football as well and that they are getting worse and a lot more visible to the wider population.
Anyways, hope this is a nice cup. These cups (euro and world) really get my blood flowing 😉

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Don't take me home,

Please don't take me home,

I just don't wanna go to work,

I wanna stay here and drink all your beer,

Please don't, please don't take me home!

Reaction score
Nice overall tournament football wise. There were some really good matches (e.g. Spain-Croatia). I am happy that the winner was from the down south 😜

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I was glad Italy won.
At least Bojo can't use it for his hocus-pocus stance about the UK, sorry, "England" being on top of the world. I've seen all the racist abuse about the "coloured" players that missed a goal. Typical, unfortunately.

Frankly, what's the use of sweating for two hours and winning or losing in a few minutes ? Why don't they just shoot penalties right from the start ?

Oh, it's because the fans need time to reach climax ? Chant their racist slurs ? And insult those who were made gods a week before ?

I much prefer rugby, that's sport.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Actually, I'm glad Italy won.

First, it's a modern Republic, not a medieval system. Then, I confess I much prefer pasta than beans on toast.

And at least Bojo can't use it for his hocus-pocus stance about the UK, sorry, "England" being on top of the world. I've seen all the racist abuse about the "coloured" players that missed a goal. Typical, unfortunately, so British.

And frankly, what's the use of sweating for two hours and winning or losing in a few minutes ? Why don't they just shoot penalties right from the start ? How many games were won this way ?

Oh, it's because the fans need time to reach climax ? Have enough time to fuel up and chant their racist slurs ? And insult those who were made gods a week before ? What a disgrace. France also lost because one of the players didn't score. Killian Mbapé never was insulted like the "black" players were in their country.

I think it tells a lot about the "post-brexit" England - I don't want to call it Britain for the majority of the Scots, and many Irish people in your northern colony are not like you.

I much prefer rugby, that's sport. Rough at times, but fair-play, which is something the Brits seem to have lost for long, whether in sports or politics, in England or their "colonies".

Top Bottom