EUROPEAN HORNBEAM

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Did you get to see the tree in person when you chose it, Sergio? Cant imagine what pot you'll place it in in the future. ? Truly some unique badass deciduous in your collection.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Did you get to see the tree in person when you chose it, Sergio? Cant imagine what pot you'll place it in in the future. ? Truly some unique badass deciduous in your collection.

Martin, I did not. I have become fairly adept at reading trees through photos. I sensed that it was a keeper as soon as I saw the pic of it in the field. I have not thought of a pot but no doubt it will be quite large. I hope to be able to turn it into something worth while. We shall see. :)

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
A tree this great could only be European ;)

Ps: Just teasing the American side of the nuts.

LOL!! This material reminds me a bit of the type of trees Marija and Andrija collect. A husband and wife team that work exclusively on large collected deciduous trees. They also sell trees that I cannot have... sigh! :confused:

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well when I need a second person to move a tree on the very rare occasion I even move it I'll be glad it's not as heavy as this one!

Ingvill

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Always love your progression threads, @MACH5 :)
Happy to hear you are still married after all that, lol.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Always love your progression threads, @MACH5 :)
Happy to hear you are still married after all that, lol.

Thanks Ingvill. LOL married at least last time I checked. I really thought that perhaps this was going to be the tree taht finally did it. :eek: And didn't even need to sleep under the arbor. Still allowed to come in! :D:p

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
This takes 'field grown' to a whole new level.
AWESOME !!
Wonder how old his stuimps are? 20 years??

Top Bottom