European Larch #17

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
European Larch #17 - The climate in Europe is definitely changing. In many parts European larches cannot be kept well where it was possibly a few years ago. In Italy and even some parts of Germany bonsai folks are struggling with the summer heat which can be disastrous for out larch. Therefore a few really good larches are available for interested enthusiasts. I have the great luck that my garden is a bit cooler than most. So some larches recently found their way into my garden. This one has a great past - it was styled to look like a very good modern bonsai. I personally prefer it to look like a very good larch from the mountains.l So I started to naturalize the tree slightly after planting it into the new container by Derek Aspinall1.jpg2.jpg2017-07-Bewerbung 2.web.jpg2019-03-.JPG2019-03-DSC_2313.bear.web.JPG2019-03-DSC_3029.bear web.JPG2019-03-DSC_3030.bear.web.JPG2019-03-DSC_3033.bear.web.JPG2019-03-DSC_3034.bear.web.JPG

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's to Climate Change!

Prost!

Sorce

Jorgens86

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Walter. What is the average air temperature in Your location?? I have fiew europian and japanese larches.
Thank You

andrewiles

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very cool tree. Something about it makes me think of an Ent from LOTR.

Huggz13

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I really love the naturalized style myself.
I’m very new to Bonsai and I’ve recently been watching several of your videos (not knowing you were also on this forum) and thinking, “that’s it, that’s how I see Bonsai!”.

I live in Northwest Florida, on the Gulf Coast, and our native trees have been through countless hurricanes. As a result, they have suffered winds, wounds, and injuries and yet always find a way to not only survive, but thrive.

I think it adds a unique quality and character to the trees and it’s indicative of the toughness and resilience of nature, and also a reflection of the tenacity and resilience of the people in my region.

I love the holes, and callouses, and wayward branches, and warts, and all. It’s who we are.
And I think it’s really inspiring and confirming that there are Bonsai masters such as yourself that do as well, so thank you.

Top Bottom